Sponsored by:

Fiero Seats in a C3

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 03:56 PM
auburndan
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiero Seats in a C3

Does anyone know if you need to make any modifications to make Fiero seats fit in a C3? I have a '76 and am getting rid of the original buckets for something more comfortable. Fiero's seem to be the best option. Ordered some Corbeau A4's but they were too tight in the kidney area. Any other seat suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:16 PM
stingraymaniac
Le Mans Master

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts

i have looked at alot of seats and they cant be wider then 19" at the bottom to fit the car...that reduces the options alot i have looked at these on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2x-LE...QQcmdZViewItem
but i dont know if they fit,looks good though
Old 06-04-2006, 04:42 PM
I'm Batman
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Why don't you search the archives? Fiero seats are fairly common.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:44 PM
BlkBird
Racer

Id sit in some Fiero seats before you make the effort to put them in your car. I use to own one and never found the seats to be all that comfortable. They do look nice but I dont think they're your best option if you drive your car alot.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:59 PM
BeaterShark
Drifting

I plan on putting in some Miata seats in my car. They seem to fit fine, but will need some brackets made up. The other problem is that they sit a little high. To solve the latter, I've cut some foam from the seat cushion and then will re-install the seat cover. This is actually quite common in the Miata auto-x crowd and will lower the seat about 2".

I started this project about 2 years ago and never got around to getting the brackets setup. I just put the seats up in the attic (needed garage space for engine parts ) and I wasn't planning on reporting about it until I was done. I didn't plan on it being this long and now I'll probably do it when I swap engines.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:59 PM
auburndan
Heel & Toe

I'll definitley sit in the Fiero seats before purchasing them. I made that mistake with the Corbeaus and have to eat a restocking fee(25%) plus shipping b/c of the mistake. I'm looking for a cloth seat that's comfortable, like an altima or camry seat. Nothing with the close-in kidney or shoulder supports. I've searched the Archives and only found that Corbeaus, Sparcos, and Fieros are mentioned. The Corbeaus and Sparcos both have the close-in kidney supports which are a no-go for me. If anyone knows of other options, please let me know.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:09 PM
dboz
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw somewhere where Acura GTS seats were used. Here it is...Jclgodale3 . Look him up, he has the Acura seats. Also, if you don't like the tight race seat fit look at the COrbeau GT7 seat. The dimensions are the same as some of the other seats that people have used but they fit a larger waist up to 40" I think, due to less bolstering.

Last edited by dboz; 06-07-2006 at 11:16 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:10 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,470 Likes on 1,249 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Why not go with 79-82 split back buckets? They're available and they bolt in.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:09 PM
87bob
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by auburndan
Does anyone know if you need to make any modifications to make Fiero seats fit in a C3? I have a '76 and am getting rid of the original buckets for something more comfortable. Fiero's seem to be the best option. Ordered some Corbeau A4's but they were too tight in the kidney area. Any other seat suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

I'm in process of doing this right now. I had to mod the brackets to make them work nothing major though.

Get notified of new replies

To Fiero Seats in a C3

Quick Reply: Fiero Seats in a C3