C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well I am still alive, and havent gone to Vegas....

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 06:26 PM
Flagstaff_Vette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well I am still alive, and havent gone to Vegas....

I meant to put this in the General posts, but somehow got into tech. The one in Tech is a dup... oh well.

Ran into a forum member today, completely by surprise at 20th street auto parts. I was getting a tire jack for my new car.

Guess there have been rumors that I hit the jackpot and gone to Vegas. Well no, but nice thought.

Actually, I bought a used 911, specifically a 933-C4S. The last of the air cooled, no valve adjustment flat sixes, with all wheel drive. It's name is Dexter. It's "sore private member red", with a black leather interior. Has every option, with the European lowered Porsche suspension. The old owner had the car "converted" back to what the European Porsches were from the factory, rather than an "Americanized" one. All stock Porsche parts. Here's a stock photo thats identical, but I'll put real ones up soon.

Attachment 47593826

I am off tomarrow for Oregon for Rose Festival. My Army kid comes into town in a few days for a month of leave. We are going on to Minnesota after Oregon. Then he's off to Iraq for 18 months.

Obviously I can't talk about my prior experience, only to say everything came out great.

I still have parts available, and I have gotten your emails, but since I am gone for a few weeks, I havent sold anything yet. I will when I get back and have time to ship whatever parts you guys want. There is a list of people who email first, they get first crack.

So here's to you guys, I will still be around, havent gone anywhere, but will change my nick soon as a moderator sends me a email on how to do it.

gotta go pack -
Old 06-03-2006, 06:39 PM
birdsmith
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

VERRYYYY NIICCCEEEE!!. Though not a Corvette, she oughta do just fine, and havin' the motor behind ya will certainly make for more comfy cruisin'. I have a friend that has a blue '99 911 and all I can say is that thing is FAST. I've thought about selling my not-any-more-used '67 Mustang vintage racer and looking at an older 911SC- they're neat cars. Any chance you'll swing thru SoCal on your way to OR? God Bless/Have Fun.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:04 PM
icanfixitforyou
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Dave! Great to hear from you again - Have a great trip in your new baby, come home safe, post some pics occasionally if you can.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:19 PM
gq82
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Very Cool....The ultimate driving machine

Best of luck with your new ride....you deserve it!!
Old 06-03-2006, 09:29 PM
bextreme1
Pro

St. Jude Donor '06

You're going to love that car. Porsche's are great cars, escpecially on long trips.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:26 PM
SHRKATTK
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 13 Posts

What a long strange trip its been. Enjoy your new toy, after what you have been through, you deserve it.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Paul Borowski
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 160 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

...is it "original matching numbers"???...

Old 06-03-2006, 10:59 PM
rdog
Advanced

You went GERMAN on us. Maybe in the near future you will try a C3 again, I hope. Have a safe trip. P.S. Do you know if CNV is going to try and sell the vette on there own lot or ship it off. Just wandering what kind of sales gimmick/pitch they are going to make on your ex vette.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:51 AM
Flagstaff_Vette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

LOL - "Is it numbers matching?"... YES. Right down to the 'windscreen' water bottle.

I cut into the CD player today. It plugs into the back of the stock radio with rca plugs. Cool. So I put in XM Radio for the trip.

I'm not worried about problems now, but Dexter is gonna need shoes (tires) in Portland. I ordered them here yesterday from Discount Tire so they wil be there in Tigard when I get there. 30 series N Rated aint cheap, I tell ya.

Had a good chat with the old owner today, going thru all the receipts since day 1. Guess I'll probably need an oil change soon. Thats 12½ quarts of Mobil 1 - gasp - but thats what keeps him cool.

As for the all wheel drive, yeah, this thing is a kick around corners. Fast as a rice rocket, great A/C amazingly, and eats corners for lunch. This thing sticks to the road like peanut butter to the roof of your mouth.

Will post tomarrow night where ever Bruiser (my dawg) and I bed down. He peed on the tires today - so it's all official, he likes it...

Can't and won't comment about the other, hope ya understand.

Thanks again guys - here's to ya
Old 06-04-2006, 01:58 AM
Flagstaff_Vette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

BY THE WAY - Gonna make two magnetic stick on signs that say "Stingray" and attach them to the front fenders when I am at Corvette Club meetings.... Just thought Dexter would approve...
Old 06-04-2006, 11:03 AM
icanfixitforyou
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 71_454_Green_Machine
LOL - "Is it numbers matching?"... YES. Right down to the 'windscreen' water bottle.

I cut into the CD player today. It plugs into the back of the stock radio with rca plugs. Cool. So I put in XM Radio for the trip.

I'm not worried about problems now, but Dexter is gonna need shoes (tires) in Portland. I ordered them here yesterday from Discount Tire so they wil be there in Tigard when I get there. 30 series N Rated aint cheap, I tell ya.

Had a good chat with the old owner today, going thru all the receipts since day 1. Guess I'll probably need an oil change soon. Thats 12½ quarts of Mobil 1 - gasp - but thats what keeps him cool.

As for the all wheel drive, yeah, this thing is a kick around corners. Fast as a rice rocket, great A/C amazingly, and eats corners for lunch. This thing sticks to the road like peanut butter to the roof of your mouth.

Will post tomarrow night where ever Bruiser (my dawg) and I bed down. He peed on the tires today - so it's all official, he likes it...

Can't and won't comment about the other, hope ya understand.

Thanks again guys - here's to ya

LOL !!!
Old 06-04-2006, 11:57 AM
Roscoe
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice
Old 06-04-2006, 12:12 PM
chevy69
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08

Dave, it was nice meeting you - good luck on your trip. The car is beautiful
Old 06-05-2006, 06:01 AM
Flagstaff_Vette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Dateline Bakersfield, CA. What a dump. Staying on "Buck Owens Blvd" at a hotel. Hee Haw....

Anyway - crossing the desert today at 116 degrees wasnt alot of fun. thats for sure. Poor little Porsche did the best it could A/C wise, but this was never designed for the Mojave Desert. Car never overheated tho.

Bruiser isnt haveing fun in the back window tho. Told him it woulda been worse in a Vette, but he's happy I got him a BigMac....

Hey - Blushark - you arent gonna be too far from me in Portland - wanna drive down for dinner one night?

Tomarrow: I-5 north. Lets try and keep it under 146mph, at least thats what the Navigation said I was doing when I got pissed and passsed a few cars... No tickets. Most people slow down to look at the car. Woulda got the same looks if not more in a Vette. Dont slow down and clog up traffic morons!, Geeze.

So here's the count today. One tank 17.65mpg. One tank 24.16mpg. 2 Girls flashed thier b@@bs. Girl at a gas station said I want your job... I said how is your job? - she didnt get it....

Will keep in touch. Anything going on in Portland or vacinity for the next week?

Got pics of the car 4 wheeling in Flagstaff. Yes, I'm crazy. But I had to find the person who borrowed my truck for my camera. Didn't bottom out, but they race these things from Paris to Drakar, so I think it could do a ¼ mile dirt road. He's filthy now

Dave, with Dexter the Sting-Porsche.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:54 AM
BenUK
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 71_454_Green_Machine
Got pics of the car 4 wheeling in Flagstaff. Yes, I'm crazy. But I had to find the person who borrowed my truck for my camera. Didn't bottom out, but they race these things from Paris to Drakar, so I think it could do a ¼ mile dirt road. He's filthy now

I think the Paris-Dakar Porsches are slightly modified though...

Glad it's going well and that your troubles are behind you.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:58 AM
Bangkok Dean
Le Mans Master

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Porsches or VW same thing
Old 06-05-2006, 12:25 PM
The_Dude
Team Owner

Received 473 Likes on 140 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16-'17

If you read this and are anywhere near Corvallis or Albany, email me, and I'll buy you a beer or two.

Get notified of new replies

To Well I am still alive, and havent gone to Vegas....

Old 06-06-2006, 09:57 AM
Flagstaff_Vette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Will be going right thru Albany late today - gonna make it into Portland this evening.

No tickets, yet. But close.

But have noticed that Corvette drivers don't wave back... they look at me like - "Whats wrong with that guy??" grin... they don't know I'm still a chevy guy at heart.

The_Dude - I will be making a side trip back down to Eugene to se my brother sometime later this week. - So sure - a beer sounds good, although not right now since it's 7am....

Later -
Old 06-06-2006, 10:49 AM
I'm Batman
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Wave if you and that red beauty make it out to Missouri...
Old 06-12-2006, 03:39 AM
Flagstaff_Vette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Well spent a week here in Portland, had a blast. My Dog Bruiser really liked the nude beach

I am off in the morning to Glacier National Park. Never been there, so going to spend 2 night in Kalispell Montana, then 2 days near Yellowstone - staying at Gardiner Montana, then off for two night at Jackson Hole Wyoming, Friday and Saturday. Thats all I have planned so far.

Gotta download the pics so you guys can have some of the trip. Woulda been nice to do this in a classic Vette, but had to make a sacrifice...

Tlak to yooze later...

Dave

Quick Reply: Well I am still alive, and havent gone to Vegas....