ebay fraud

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 01:34 PM
tigers123
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default ebay fraud

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1963-...QQcmdZViewItem

These guys now getting cars featured. Wake up Ebay! Nobody is going to sell a finished car below market value.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:36 PM
tigers123
Burning Brakes

Default Name

Ps I like how he calls it a 1963 Camaro
Old 01-18-2006, 01:59 PM
scotkumo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sent him a message before bidding as he requested ... asked where car was and if someone could come by and inspect the car for me .... betting I wont get a reply like the last five guys I sent this very same message too ....
Old 01-18-2006, 02:04 PM
skydaddy
Burning Brakes

also had it listed as 2 doors or more?????

I'm betting that you wont get a reply either
Old 01-18-2006, 02:05 PM
big_G
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One of a kind '63 split window Camaro......IDIOT!
Old 01-18-2006, 02:06 PM
rihwoods
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

EBay sucks....
Old 01-18-2006, 02:07 PM
MYBAD79
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

I emailed him, too... but I don't really expect a reply....
Old 01-18-2006, 03:04 PM
mpett1
Pro

The bidding is up to 5,000,000 dollers...

Last edited by mpett1; 01-18-2006 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:09 PM
nutseynut7
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

never respond or get on preffered bidders list this is how they get your email then they send you scam emails about your paypal acct. and other frauds
Old 01-18-2006, 03:15 PM
MYBAD79
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by nutseynut7
never respond or get on preffered bidders list this is how they get your email then they send you scam emails about your paypal acct. and other frauds
I emailed from one of my yahoo addresses.....
Old 01-18-2006, 03:19 PM
BeachinVette
Drifting

It is up to $5,000,100.00 now.

Bob
Old 01-18-2006, 04:15 PM
fauxrs2
Drifting

This listing (#4606157946) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.

Try searching for another item now.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:23 AM
1FUNVET
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fauxrs2
This listing (#4606157946) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.

Try searching for another item now.
I got the same thing this morning!!!
Old 01-19-2006, 11:04 AM
icyvette
Cruising

Regarding Ebay, it has both pros and cons. When I started looking around to buy a C3, I looked also on ebay.

My first bids were too low and I was outbidded 3 or 4 times.

Then one day after having been outbidden on a white C3 located in Ohio, I received an email from the so called seller. He offered my to purchase the car for the amount I offered to pay during the bid which was $ 100 below the highest bid. He stated that the winning bidder had changed his mind, he was unable to finish the deal, his kid was sick and whatever.....blabla.
I had no previous experience on ebay, exept these 3 or 4 bids on corvettes. The “seller” asked me to send the money and I would get the car. Soon, everything started looking funny to me, the “seller” promised he would pay the costs of relocating the car for me to NY and he started pushing for the money. At that point, he knew I would export the car from the US. He even asked me to send a moneycheck to some of his family member in N.Y. and he would then send the car. It came clear to me that there was something wrong, he was simply too pushy about the money transfer.He informed me not with any real names or numbers.Thats why I decided to travel to Columbus, OH and offered him to meet him in person, take a look at the car and finish the deal. After my offer, I never got any replies from him. Afterwards I found out by backtracing on ebay that the car was actually sold to the highest bidder. This “seller” I was dealing with could have been located wherever in the world, -his emails where sent early in the morning european time-(between 3-5 am Ohio local time) -what made me think afterwards that he was maybe located in Europe. His email adress also had an ending -.uk.
Later I made another bid on a 1976 C3 in Kentucky and guess what...everything was perfect with that deal. I also bought a Mercedes on ebay and everything was 100%. In both these cases, I travelled there to take a look at the cars before closing the deals.
So please be careful, careful and when in doubt, slow down...

Regards, icyvette
Old 01-19-2006, 06:30 PM
Kenny Bonnell
Burning Brakes

If you chose to buy a car on Ebay ask LOTS of questions and get the sellers phone number and talk to them that way too. If you can obviously check the car out in person, if the seller won't let you or someone else check the car don't bid. I've sold and bought many things on Ebay and only been burnt once by a non paying bidder, but I never sent the item since I didn't get paid. I bought my C-3 on there and had a very good experience, but my brother bought a 63 Nova convertable and the car was a piece of junk (he didn't look first). I agree there are pros and cons to Ebay, you just have to be very careful.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:32 PM
lucky76
Racer

Originally Posted by rihwoods
EBay sucks....
Old 01-20-2006, 07:44 AM
MYBAD79
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '05

Here's the response that I got from the 'seller':

Hi,
Thank you for your email and sorry for my late reply. First of all the car belonged to my father, he was the first and only owner, and after he passed away 7 moths ago, he left the car to me. I do not now much about this car, only that it has 41528 miles, and the last oil change was at 41200. I can let you know that it has a clean title, it has no scratches or dents, and it runs perfectly, I've took it for a drive before I left US, and I didn't drove it since then. Anyway I have all the receipts and for all the work that has been made on it. The car is now in Athene,Greece with me, and it is crated as I received it, when I've moved here 1 moth ago, because I found a better job. I've tried to register it here but the odometer is in miles, and to make it street legal,I'll have to pay around $2100 US money that I cannot afford because I want to buy a house, so I've decided to sell it. The total price that you'll have to pay for this car is $5900 US, price that includes shipping taxes and insurance. All of my transactions until now were made under eBay's protection, and for that I wish that we make this deal also with eBay's protection. If you agree with moving forward with the deal through eBay please email me your full name and shipping address. As soon as I receive these information from you I will forward them to eBay SquareTrade along with the rest of the details in order for them to open a case regarding our deal. I am waiting for email as soon as possible.
Best regards,
John Binnigs

Get notified of new replies

To ebay fraud

Old 01-21-2006, 01:35 PM
AA2PR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EBAY NO NO..Not for me.

I buy nothing off E Bay for all the reasons listed and more. too much nonsense for me. and fraud and outright theft. I do all face to face or through established businesses. my policy is , if your not happy bring it back, here's your money anytime. So when i pay i expect the same and do not settle for less. I'm willing to pay more just to get top shelf and the security of a solid deal.. look out for the guy who has the like new, no miles Vette, who's brother was a member of the UN Peacekeeping force and lost his life in Bosnia. he claimed the Vette was sitting and the family only saddened by it's presence wanted rid of it. At a very low price and interested, i e-mailed an inquiry and was answered from Slovenia.. The lights went on ! The add said the car was in MD and ready for inspection at a nominal fee.. then later another e-mail about a transport/holding company and custom documents.. I left smiling.. Another add about your bank account numbers from Nigeria.. They need to deposit a large sum of money in a US bank account and you , the lucky one have been chosen... OHHH NOO Not me. That's E-Bay in stereo.

Last edited by AA2PR; 01-21-2006 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:53 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

I'm thinking of selling my Vette, too many Vette owners have been dying lately according to ebay auctions, l don't want to take any chances
Old 01-21-2006, 05:37 PM
I'm Batman
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by rihwoods
EBay sucks....
Fine, stay away. Keeps the price of parts there cheaper for me.

Quick Reply: ebay fraud