LemansBlue68
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Haven't used this emoticon in a while:

Old 12-15-2005, 02:41 AM
LiveandLetDrive
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

but I will "diss your Grammer, and typing skills.
What did his grandma ever do to you?

mine to. looks like way to much time text messaging and typing on instant messenger. I have two teenagers and their spelling is horrible. and they are both good students. imagine a resume in the year 2018.
Actually AIM is the best thing that has happened to my typing skills since 7th grade Keyboarding class. Obviously that doesn't apply to everyone but I chose to be fast rather than writing like a foniks dropout. Same goes for the phone, as annoying as it is.

I think it is like this If its not for anything important who cares.
Thanks for making it clear that we are not important to you. I understand your not responding well to wave upon wave of criticism but you really need to figure this stuff out. It really does start in High School, I know! Thinking a few bad grades and not trying wouldn't matter led me to where I am today, which is finally recovering from my first 3 years of poor college performance. I'm not saying you have to be the type of person who corrects their friends' grammar or anything but you can't just shake off ridiculously bad language habits for those times when it really counts. Read a book without being forced to for once. I'm 21 by the way, not one of these old curmudgeons.

Wow, Its weird you guys have nothin else to do cept be *******s
I hope you abuse your women less than the English language.

Originally Posted by Twin_Turbo
Why is it that all the young'uns here can't spell worth a damn? Is the educational system really that bad over there or is it the influence of stuff like MTV?
From many, the spreading belief that stupid is cool. (Jessica Simpson anyone?) From the rest, apathy. I blame the apathetic more than the idiots. There will always be idiots and more often than not it seems that the 'cool kids' are among these. However these days there is such a "live and let live" attitude that it's considered presumptuous and judgemental to look down upon this idiocy. If you can figure out the song namesake of my forum name, you'll know that I have a different philosophy Even outside of a professional environment, can't we have some dignity? Everyone makes mistakes but there is a big difference between typos and just not giving a damn.

Whoops, done ranting now... Obviously I care enough to whine about it, and my 16 year old little sister wants to be a linguist, so we're not all lost yet.

-Chris
Old 12-15-2005, 02:47 AM
LiveandLetDrive
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TonySinclair
Watch what you wish for. The youth of America will be taking care of us someday!
In the words of the Breakfast Club janitor:

I wouldn't count on it.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:04 AM
I'm Batman
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by LiveandLetDrive
I hope you abuse your women less than the English language.
What women?

I have to nominate this one as a close runner-up for "funniest quote of the year."
Old 12-15-2005, 04:36 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Wow, Its weird you guys have nothin else to do cept be *******s because i dont feel like spelling right and using correct grammer. Look man look what this is A CORVETTE FORUM, not a job application or a resame, or a essay for school, or to get into a collage. When grammer and spelling acually counts on this ill use it, I will not spend my time that i could be doing better sht with my life to spell right for ppl like you.

if you cant read what that says whats a matter did you drop out in 2nd grade, I bet even a 5 year old can understand that sentence.
I'm so old they didn't have schools when I was young, just rocks and twigs.

Schizznit!
Old 12-15-2005, 07:46 AM
Bangkok Dean
Le Mans Master

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Now when I was young I didn’t even have toys, good thing I was a boy so I had something to play with.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:33 AM
Older Than Dirt
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe todays "adolescents" are too busy banging their schoolteachers instead of learning to spell and write.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:28 AM
El_Cid
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh, you wish we all were getting some from our teachers. I just GRADUATED highschool last spring, and i've used AIM since i was in 8th grade. It doesn't kill your grammar skills, it just lets you believe no one cares if you spell things wrong, because its usually a word no one else knows how to spell off hand. And about this "u" "n" and shortening of words, they grow out of it, trust me. We all get headaches too, just takes us a while for the brains cells to die and come to our senses.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:26 PM
2 C-3"s
Advanced

Wow!!! ha ha ha I am trying to read this thread at lunch and I am rolling!!! rrrrrrrrrr

I can't even keep up with all the new msg !

Gotta luv new corvette folks! eeven if they are young!!!

Best of luck Frosty
Old 12-15-2005, 02:26 PM
Disco Stu
Safety Car

Originally Posted by frostbitten09
Wow, Its weird you guys have nothin else to do cept be *******s because i dont feel like spelling right and using correct grammer. Look man look what this is A CORVETTE FORUM, not a job application or a resame, or a essay for school, or to get into a collage. When grammer and spelling acually counts on this ill use it, I will not spend my time that i could be doing better sht with my life to spell right for ppl like you.
Since when is it my responsibility to decipher your incoherent ramblings, sifting through the profusion of 'likes' and mispellings to locate the substance of your statement? It's your responsibility to present your statements and questions in a way that people can understand them. as an example, i quit reading somewhere in the second paragraph of your original ramblings. if you had an interesting thought later on, i'll never know.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:38 PM
glen242
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by frostbitten09
Ok this is what "pisses" me off. This one kid in my school knows i have a 78 corvette, and hes running around with a 91 pos rs camaro with a blue book value of "No Value". He Every day tells me your car is sh.. and corvettes are sh.., Hes like corvettes are over rated, and over priced, and unwanted. Then hes always like You dotn know cars, cause im like dude your cars a 17 sec car hes like Nuh huh my year camaro stock can run 12's i just have a 6 cylander. And hes like you dont know what you talking about my uncle is a car moder and he told me he yhates corvettes cause people who own him are cocky and there over priced and over rated.

This pisses me off he annoys me every day dissin on my 78 corvette why hes runnin aroun din a pos camaro. And cpl of my friends who are total gear heads they hate him too cause he said his 6 cylinder camro could beat my friends gto that runs 11's and he thinks his 91 camaro with like 150k miles that needs suspension engine work n interior can kick anyones ***. and hes like ya ill put a 383 in my camaro and ill kick anyones ***
And of corse my friends hate him to and all they tell him is Your poor you cant afford it(cause he dont work he has like 6 cars total value 700$ he brags about it)
Anyways hes pissin me off so ya im stayin clear of him cause you dont diss antoher guys car. Personally i cant be mean to people so i dont say anything to him. Then i will be like dude your not a real car guy real car guys dont diss on another persons ride.

Anyways idk what to do but hes pissing me off and i cant wait to get my licence to take him down to cecil with my otha friend n we both will kick his *** and show him.

What do you guys do about ****** like these???Me it makes me sick because he has nothing and he comes up and diss's on my car(and to me you dont do that to me its totally disrespecful)ANYWAYZ what do you guys do bout ppl like this and think why they do it and what to do

(My school has no nice cars last years best car was a 00' mustang with billit rims, and this year its like a 00 mustand again. there hasnt been a vette at my school or any real niec car cept a 69 chevell,my friends bros car, sinec like the school was built)
Not to be nasty, BUT, you don't have a '78 YET. I bet you are from south of the Mason-Dixon line.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:43 PM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco Stu
Since when is it my responsibility to decipher your incoherent ramblings, sifting through the profusion of 'likes' and mispellings to locate the substance of your statement? It's your responsibility to present your statements and questions in a way that people can understand them. as an example, i quit reading somewhere in the second paragraph of your original ramblings. if you had an interesting thought later on, i'll never know.
I agree..it's like taking a dump on the crapper and leaving your produce for the next person to flush it down....surely you don't like that either do you?
Old 12-15-2005, 07:14 PM
Stoge
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's what I read:

Yada yada yada high school.
Yada yada yada 78 Corvette.
Yada yada yada 91 Camaro.
Yada yada yada....

Big friggin deal!! You own a 'Vette. Enjoy it.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:02 PM
TonySinclair
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by El_Cid
oh, you wish we all were getting some from our teachers. I just GRADUATED highschool last spring,...

Why is your grammar & composition at an 8th grade level?
Old 12-15-2005, 11:13 PM
enkeivette
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin_Turbo
I agree..it's like taking a dump on the crapper and leaving your produce for the next person to flush it down....surely you don't like that either do you?
Nice mental picture man! Thanks for that one.

I think it's funny how everyone is being very careful not to missspelll any words or use improper grammar in this post after dissin frostbitten for doing it. You're all a bunch of illiterate inbred hicks, and you're not fooling anyone!

Old 12-15-2005, 11:19 PM
TonySinclair
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by torqvette
Nice mental picture man! Thanks for that one.

I think it's funny how everyone is being very careful not to missspelll any words or use improper grammar in this post after dissin frostbitten for doing it. You're all a bunch of illiterate inbred hicks, and you're not fooling anyone!
Hey! I may be an illiterate inbred hick, but I duz no a thang or two 'bout spellin'...

Enjoy!: www.ratemypoo.com

Old 12-15-2005, 11:25 PM
TonySinclair
Melting Slicks

Well...getting back to the original subject..."People I Hate":

1) Minorities who drive rusted Toyota Camry's @ 45mph in the #1 or #2 lane.
2) White Trash who drive rusted pick-ups @ 45mph in the #1 or #2 lane.
3) Old folks who drive Mercury Grand Marquis' @ 45mph....anywhere.
4) Suburban housewives driving 85mph in the #4 lane while chatting on their cellphone.
5) Anyone who drives faster than me on the freeway.
6) Anyone who drives slower than me on the freeway.

Get notified of new replies

To People I hate.

Old 12-16-2005, 12:08 AM
Silver00V6Camaro
Drifting

wow i feel a lot dumber now after reading through this thread.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:31 AM
olouieo
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 12-16-2005, 12:31 AM
Silver00V6Camaro
Drifting

Quick Reply: People I hate.