C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling the vette on Wednesday... ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 01:03 PM
CrossedFlags77
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why are you waiting to get a job until you are 18? You have a reliable commuter car, so go out and get a job. Then you will have income to work on your Corvette rather than sell it. Work at a grocery store, lifeguard (good money), mow yards, do anything. You will be happier when you have extra money to spend on some fun things like your Vette. I was in your situation not long ago, there are jobs everywhere, you just have to look. Right now I am trying to find a job to fit around my busy college schedule. Good luck.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:27 PM
Robd
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CrossedFlags77
Why are you waiting to get a job until you are 18? You have a reliable commuter car, so go out and get a job. Then you will have income to work on your Corvette rather than sell it. Work at a grocery store, lifeguard (good money), mow yards, do anything. You will be happier when you have extra money to spend on some fun things like your Vette. I was in your situation not long ago, there are jobs everywhere, you just have to look. Right now I am trying to find a job to fit around my busy college schedule. Good luck.

I was in your shoes, in high school with my '68 427, joined the army after school. the vette broke down from time to time driving from fort bragg to central fl. I just always told my self I would never sell it. I parked it and bought a used subaru, that was over 20 years ago. I am so glad I made the decision, and I was tempted many times.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:27 PM
classiczx
Drifting

I remember your other thread and people advised you to get something reliable and cheap like a used Honda if you really need a car.

...you won't look 'cool' to anyone watching you pushing a rusty 'hotrod' down the road.
You can't afford something 'cool' if you don't have a job.

Listen to the good advice you're being given.

Edit: oops, I missed the part where your dad is giving you a commuter car... so now I don't really understand why you want to sell your vette.
Old cars are gonna have problems that'll cost money whatever you decide to buy so I don't see how it'll be more affordable...

Last edited by classiczx; 11-15-2005 at 01:54 PM.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:36 PM
76mike
Racer

Ok ok fine, I had a buyer and he was going to pick it up tomorrow, but I called it off. Guess that I'm still gonna be around .
Old 11-16-2005, 08:07 AM
markdtn
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't know how hard it is to smog later stuff, but for a fun commuter car I'd buy a TPI 305/5-sp IROC. I had one and it was a lot of fun. You can probably find a nice one for $3000 or less.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:42 AM
classiczx
Drifting

Nahh, he was talkin about Replacing his vette with somethin else...!

Italian Retard Out Cruisin'
Old 11-16-2005, 09:05 AM
Razorhorn
Pro

I have a 75 Vette, and I bought my kid a 78 Trans Am a while back. Parts for the Vette are MUCH easier to find. I am still looking for an ash tray, if you can believe that! As far as maintenance goes - each car's starting condition will be unique so it is difficult to say, but I can say in my case I spend more time and money on my kids car by about a 2 - 1 margin. I will assure you one thing - you will be spending a lot of time and money on a 2nd gen F-body. Get a late 90s GM for a daily driver, instead...Corsica, Malibu...something like that.

Quick Reply: Selling the vette on Wednesday... ideas?