Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WP north of San Fran.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 07:38 PM
LIQUIDDRAGON
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wrenching Party north of San Fran.

well now that i am living in california just north of San Francisco i dont know anyone in the area so i dont have any friends coming over and keeping me motivated to work on my car so i was wanting to know if there is anyone in the area taht would like to stop by this weekend and maybe give me and my brother a hand working on my 76. i talked to the wife already and she is fine with the idea and will even let me buy pizza to help sweeten the deal. thought it would also motivate me if i saw a few vettes parked out front plus im hoping to get this thing on hte road befor my next deployment in November. Hoping to even get a few people like 72 RAY to stop by with their sweet rides and maybe teach me a few things about suspensions sense that is one of the many things that i am working on right now. please let me know who would be interested so i will know how much food i need to by and i will even have beverages on hand as well.

Last edited by LIQUIDDRAGON; 09-23-2005 at 01:06 PM. Reason: title not clear enough
Old 09-22-2005, 09:37 PM
fl_rider
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pizza!!!

Dude, it's a hell of a commute from Wisconsin but that got my attention.

Thanks for your service!!

Chris B
56th ACW Det. 1
Udorn, RTAFB 1967 - 1968
Old 09-22-2005, 09:54 PM
carole smith
Cruising

live across the bay. Pinole to be exact. What do you need help with?Always will try to help but not a great mechanic.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:33 PM
LIQUIDDRAGON
Melting Slicks

im probably gonna try to finish up the wiring and install my new spark plug wires. im also gonna try to replace the transmission pan and if i get someone that is good with the rear suspensions i might get brave and try and pull the rear suspension out of my car so i can get it ready to start putting my new performance plus suspenion in the back. ive already done the front suspension so taht part is taken care of. i figured sense i have the weekend off and im gonna be working on the car it would be kinda kewl to have some other people over from the forum and see some of your nice cars in the hopes that it will keep me motivated to keep working on mine. anyone is gonna be welcome to come over even if it is just to show off your car and eat pizza
Old 09-23-2005, 01:05 PM
LIQUIDDRAGON
Melting Slicks

oh yah just incase there is anyone that didnt know WP=wrenching party which when i was big into Jeeps back in virginia someone on the message board would have a wrenching party and a bunch of people would show up and either just hang out so they could meet other people from the forum and there were a few that were always wanting to help out and hang out. its suppose to be like a Lars tunning for beer but without the celebrity himself. usually the offer of free pizza and beer gets a nice size turn out. if your intersted just post here what type of pizza and beer you like and i will make sure i have some on hand. the wrenching will start tomorrow morning and the pizza and beer will be on hand at noon tomorrow unless there is a larger number of people that would like to show up on sunday then the times will be the same but everything will be on sunday and not saturday.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:44 PM
LIQUIDDRAGON
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by carole smith
live across the bay. Pinole to be exact. What do you need help with?Always will try to help but not a great mechanic.

well it looks like you and my brother might be the only ones interested in coming over and i think a few of there other guys taht live here in the area might stop in to see what im doing sense they have all been wanting to see my car. dont worry about being a great mechanic cause im not the greatest either but its always good to have more than one set of eyes to look things in a different way that way you can always have a better way of fixing a problem.

oh yah my address is
1 alta vista ct. apt. d
novato, ca 94949

hope more poeple decide to show up (hopefully with some nice looking vettes) even if its just to hang out
Old 09-24-2005, 12:49 AM
Federot
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Man, you live IN my town now! How cool =P

I would LOVE to come over, but I'm in the middle of prepping a warehouse for a new tenant and will be busy all weekend.

On the subject of rear suspensions...I'm just finishing up mine. I'd love to help or at least give you tips.

-Fed

Last edited by Federot; 09-24-2005 at 12:58 AM.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:03 AM
Federot
Instructor

Uh-oh....Brown Water Navy alert!

Heh, just messing with you...I'm Ex-Blue Water Navy myself.

Machinist Mate 2nd Class.

-Fed
Old 09-24-2005, 09:11 PM
LIQUIDDRAGON
Melting Slicks

well today was a really nice day and i got a few things done and i even had a few guys in the nieghborhood here show up but noone from the forum oh well it was alot of fun and alot of the guys taht live here were really impressed with my car and couldnt believe it when i showed them before pictures of what the car looked like when i first picked it up. all in all it turned out to be a really good day and sense im in the coast guard and i live in a coast guard neighborhood i got to meet alot of other coasties that work in the area. im hopeing next time i can get a few forum members to show up with their cars
Old 09-24-2005, 11:22 PM
CA-Legal-Vette
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 272 Posts

Hey there,

I live over in the east bay. I've got plans for Sunday, but drop ,e an IM some time. I'd love to come up there and eat some pizza.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:27 PM
l979 Corvette
Advanced

Too bad I got stationed so far from home or I would be more then happy to stop by <orginally from Fremont>
Old 09-25-2005, 05:59 AM
1mpalss
Racer

Wow, I just saw this post. I haven't really met any Vette guys here in the Bay area. I guess I've been too busy with the area Impala SS club. It would be a nice change of pace to see some Vettes! I've got to work tomorrow (Sunday) or I'd be glad to come over and help. I did the suspension on my old '80 before I sold it. My current '70 needs the suspension done now (Yuk!). I've been gathering parts for the job but haven't made much progress with the wrenching yet.
Are there any cool Corvette clubs in the north or east bay? I'm in Fairfield.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:52 AM
CA-Legal-Vette
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by 1mpalss

Are there any cool Corvette clubs in the north or east bay? I'm in Fairfield.
There is one that I know of that meets in Danville. I think the name is Diablo Valley Corvette Club or something similar. They have a web site so shouldn't be hard to find.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:56 PM
Federot
Instructor

I'm not a member, and its Marin County but here you go:

North Bay Corvette Association
Old 09-25-2005, 07:41 PM
evilsmf
Burning Brakes

The same thing happen to me. Were I used to live the garage was decked out and we hanged out. Now that I moved to the south bay and renting a house and know no one. So things have slowed down, but I am starting to get motivated, I found a mechanic..Bad Azz engines, near you I think.

Get notified of new replies

To WP north of San Fran.

Quick Reply: WP north of San Fran.