C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Join Us for the C3 Extravaganza – October 13-15

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 11:45 AM
Adam Boca
Race Director

Location: www.ncminsurance.com Bowling Green KY Home of the Corvette!
Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default Join Us for the C3 Extravaganza – October 13-15

]Join Us for the C3 Extravaganza – October 13-15

http://www.corvettemuseum.com/regist.../c3/info.shtml

Thursday, October 13th kicks off the beginning of our final event for 2005 – the C3 Extravaganza! Open to all automotive enthusiasts, this exciting event offers guests in attendance a full three-days of non-stop activities that include road tours, lunch excursions, Dyno pulls, a NCM gimmick tour, seminars, drag racing, a cookout at the home of NCM Executive Director, Wendell Strode and wife Jan, drag racing, autocross, a people’s choice car show and a banquet and benefit auction and much more!

The event is co-hosted by the C3 Vette Registry, and starts on Thursday morning with a “driving” road tour to the Bourbon Heritage Center and lunch along the trip. A limited number of slots are available and pre-registration is required. A scenic road tour to view some of the country-side scenery is offered later in the afternoon.

Activities are in full swing on Friday, with the people’s choice car show, exciting seminars in the Chevrolet Theater, the C3 event group photo in the front circle, dyno pulls by Elitesparkplugs.com, gimmick tour and the “grilling” at the 1869 Homestead. Be sure to register to be a part of the cookout and enjoy a relaxing evening of good food and company in a beautiful country setting.

Saturday morning begins a rigorous day of excitement for everyone registered for autocross at Beech Bend Raceway! A mandatory drivers meeting is scheduled at 8:30 a.m. at Beech Bend and all participants must attend. Autocross fees are payable to the Museum with your preregistration fee. A road tour lunch excursion to Diamond Caverns and Park Mammoth are slated to start 9:30 a.m. and space is limited. Be sure to add this exciting adventure to your registration plans.

Drag racing at Beech Bend Raceway is also part of Saturday’s activities. Pre-registration is not required and payable on site at Beech Bend. You can be a part of the fun and drag race for a $15 fee or join in as a spectator and watch the exciting drag racing competition. A $5.00 spectators fee is payable at Beech Bend Raceway. More scenic tours of the countryside and dyno pulls are also part of the day’s activities, prior to the C3 Extravaganza Dinner and NCM Benefit Auction in the Museum’s Skydome. A cash bar will be available at 6:00 p.m. and dinner begins at 6:30 p.m. – you don’t want to miss this grand evening.

We hope you can join us for the final onsite event of the 2005 season. We look forward to welcoming you.

Use Your Creativity to Design the 2005 C3 Extravaganza Dash Plaque!

The National Corvette Museum is offering you an opportunity to design our C3 Extravaganza Event Dash Plaque! This is your chance to use the design of your car, a friend’s car, or a well known car to be used on the plaque.

Guidelines to participate:

1: Artwork must feature the C3 body style.
2: The NCM logo and C3 Vette Registry logo must be included in the artwork. Please email adam@corvettemuseum.com to obtain logos.
3: C3 Extravaganza and October 13 – 15, 2005 must be part of the design.
4: Artwork must be 6 inches wide and 8 inches tall.
5: Design must be“family friendly” - please.
6: You must be a registered C3 Extravaganza participant to submit artwork.
7: Do not use a black background in your design theme.

Submit artwork to Adam Boca at adam@corvettemuseum.com by August 15th. Entries received after this date will not be entered in the selection process. Send your design file via .psd or .jpg format to adam@corvettemuseum.com

The NCM Event Team will select the winning design and all submissions will become the property of the NCM. Open to members and non-members.

The winner will receive a “complimentary” basic pass to be a part of the C3 Extravaganza event – October 13-15. Remember to submit your artwork by August 15 to be part of the process. Final choice will be made by the NCM. Aspects of the design may be altered during the final printing process.

http://www.corvettemuseum.com/regist.../c3/info.shtml
Old 08-11-2005, 07:13 PM
Glensgages
Race Director

Received 62 Likes on 35 Posts

..... THIS should be a 'sticky' in C3 General.....

C3Tim, 80Crabvette, and I are already signed-up
Old 08-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Eddie 70
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Ci 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

I missed this one last year because I wussed out. My top was not on my car (still not on my car) and did not want to freeze my butt off on the trip up.

I would like to make this one and see lots of the Corvette Forum folks come with me. We all need to meet and greet, throw a few back, and have a little fun.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:05 PM
Corz
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

cant make it.. got school.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:08 PM
PortDawg
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '05

I'll be there....if everything goes okay...
Old 08-11-2005, 09:10 PM
2th farmer
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 6-8-9 Veteran

We'll be there! Where is the "place" to stay?
Old 08-11-2005, 10:51 PM
Today's problem is..
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

"The place" to NOT stay at, is the Best Value Inn. It is not the best, it is not a value...it was however an Inn. Unless you like living with a crazy Indian family running around yelling at each other, then its solid gold. They also charge for using the towels....

Best Value Inn = Bad
Crazy Indian people Yelling = Bad
Towels = $20

Stay at the Baymont.

Old 08-12-2005, 12:42 AM
Corz
Team Owner

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by 2th farmer
We'll be there! Where is the "place" to stay?
Baymont or the Hampton
Old 08-12-2005, 04:07 PM
79 Midnight Blue L82
Instructor

I went to the supposed C3 Extravaganza 2 years ago and got so pizzed off that I have not been back to the NCM since - used to go at least a couple of times a year. I arrived about 10 am after a 4 1/2 hour drive and had to park about 1/4 mile down the road behind the museum. The lot was full of C5's when I got up there. Some C3 Extravaganza that was . . . .

I'm sure some of you will remember the occasion - it was Labor Day weekend that year and the C3 was THE featured car.

Oh well . . . . .
Old 08-12-2005, 04:31 PM
Adam Boca
Race Director

Location: www.ncminsurance.com Bowling Green KY Home of the Corvette!
Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by 79 Midnight Blue L82
I went to the supposed C3 Extravaganza 2 years ago and got so pizzed off that I have not been back to the NCM since - used to go at least a couple of times a year. I arrived about 10 am after a 4 1/2 hour drive and had to park about 1/4 mile down the road behind the museum. The lot was full of C5's when I got up there. Some C3 Extravaganza that was . . . .

I'm sure some of you will remember the occasion - it was Labor Day weekend that year and the C3 was THE featured car.

Oh well . . . . .
Midnght,

In 2002 we had an event called the "Shark Fest" that was the same time as the Labor Day event. Our focus was the C3s with displays and specific seminars. This is not the C3 Extravaganza that we have in October. Please do not get the 2 confused as they are completly different. This will be the 2nd Annual C3 Extravaganza at the NCM.

The parking situation is always the same over Labor Day. Lifetime Members park upfront. This is one of the perks..We only can park 230-250 cars on black top, so some cars will have to park on grass..

We hope you can come...

Adam Boca
National Corvette Museum

Last edited by Adam Boca; 08-12-2005 at 04:37 PM.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:21 AM
Daytona69
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Won't be in the Vette, but I may make the trip this year
Old 08-21-2005, 09:35 PM
Adam Wartell
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts

ttt
Old 09-13-2005, 12:28 PM
Adam Wartell