Sponsored by:

front suspension rebuild questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 08:28 PM
fcoppola
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front suspension rebuild questions

I am about to embark on the steeroids upgrade. I want to thank our friends at VetteBrakes for the discount.

Now My camber and such is all messed up. I have clunking when I turn, so I'm sure the suspension is shot. I am looking for a complete front suspension upgrade/replacement. I know VB has a number of packages. I would prefer all bolt on with no drilling etc as I dont have a ton of experience here. Definately no welding or anything like that. I could have a shop do it but I rather attempt my hand at it all.

Let me know what you guys have done.

Also would you recommend pulling the steering and then the suspension or install the new steeroids and then start tearing out the suspension? Whats the easiest way to attempt all of this?
Old 07-25-2005, 10:01 PM
MYBAD79
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

email sent...

do the suspension first (the control arm bushings, upper and lower ball joints and the tie rod ends) should be around $150 or so in parts... pressing the bushings in and out is something you want a shop to do for you if you're not experienced... while you have all this apart get the 550lbs springs and the Bilstein shocks - what a difference !! You'll like it.....
Old 07-25-2005, 11:01 PM
fcoppola
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that all you think? I was looking at the performance plus kits off of vette brakes.

I figure replace as much as possible when the opportunity arises.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:24 AM
MYBAD79
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by fcoppola
Is that all you think? I was looking at the performance plus kits off of vette brakes.

I figure replace as much as possible when the opportunity arises.
The performance plus (the kit with the front monospring) is overkill for a street car IMO

If your control arm bushings are bad, replacing these will make the car handle a lot better.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:33 AM
artvette
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Use ES poly's for the control arms and the stabilizer. You can install the stock center brackets over the new ones on the stabilizer. You won't need tie rod ends as someone suggested if you're using the Steeroids as it comes with its own.

Get notified of new replies

To front suspension rebuild questions

Quick Reply: front suspension rebuild questions