Sponsored by:

found the leaks in my 69....

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 07:30 PM
another-user
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default found the leaks in my 69....

well i found most of the leaks in the interior today, but have no idea how to fix the main problem.

my windows leak, not a big deal. some new weather stripping, adjustment here and there, and some drain holes drilled in the bottom should take care of it.

my main problem though is the front astro vents. its actually the lower vents that would be behind hte kick panel.

i had my dad pour water into the wiper tray when i sat inside and was able to watch water pour in through the vents.

ive looked for the drain that was mentiond some time back adn for the life of me cant find it, but i think it they may be working since i see water drain out under neath the fenders.

does any one have any suggestions on how i might go about fixing this?
Old 06-22-2005, 10:35 AM
fontking1a
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The vent drain slot is clogged with debris. It's hard to get at but you can if you try. My car also leaked from the t-tops and I thought it was the weatherstripping on the t-tops. It turned out that the leak was coming from the chrome trim strip on the front windshield. Water got under the strip and came over the top of the windshield into the car. I took some BLACK SILICONE SEALER and pressed a bead into the space between the chrome strip and the glass and then wiped it clean leaving only the silicone under the glass where you can hardly see it. No more leaks......!!!! Good luck.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:10 PM
another-user
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

well everything seems to be fixed now.

i ended up spooning about 2-3lbs of dirt out from behind the lower front vents, and then used an air compressor to blow the rest out.

i pushed hte vents back to the closed position, took about a 10 gallon bucket of water poured it all down the wiper tray at once. ther was a very little bit of water that came in through the lower vents. before about 9 of that 10 gallons would have came into the car.

Get notified of new replies

To found the leaks in my 69....

Quick Reply: found the leaks in my 69....