Sponsored by:

limp door handle

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 11:57 AM
halseyb007
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default limp door handle

my driver side door handle sits a little limp, it functions fine, but when you release the handle it doesn't come up flesh with the door. I took the door panel off of the door and became a bit overwhelmed with the cramped space inside the door... Someone told me that they thought it was just a bad spring, but I don't know how to get to it or what spring it is. please help! Thanks
Old 05-30-2005, 12:04 PM
rihwoods
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by halseyb007
my driver side door handle sits a little limp, it functions fine, but when you release the handle it doesn't come up flesh with the door. I took the door panel off of the door and became a bit overwhelmed with the cramped space inside the door... Someone told me that they thought it was just a bad spring, but I don't know how to get to it or what spring it is. please help! Thanks
Push the latch down,and you can see the spring where latch hinges...
Old 05-30-2005, 12:23 PM
halseyb007
Intermediate

thanks, I saw that spring, but wasn't sure how to get to it to replace it... after looking it over some more, i think that the spring is ok, it seems like the handle is rubbing up against the casing, going to try and bump it out gently.... cheers!
Old 05-30-2005, 12:30 PM
rihwoods
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by halseyb007
thanks, I saw that spring, but wasn't sure how to get to it to replace it... after looking it over some more, i think that the spring is ok, it seems like the handle is rubbing up against the casing, going to try and bump it out gently.... cheers!
There are "aftermarket" helper springs that can be installed without removing latch assembly.My drivers side is limp,but to far down the list of things to do....
Old 05-30-2005, 12:30 PM
halseyb007
Intermediate

FIXED!!! Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To limp door handle

Quick Reply: limp door handle