Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

For Sale 1962 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 11:35 AM
nevanochko
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default For Sale 1962 Corvette

Up for your consideration is my '62 Corvette. This car has never been off it's frame and drives accordingly. Those who know, once they have been "off-frame", they just don't drive the same. Once you take this car for a ride, you will see exactly what I am referring to. NO rattles, shimmy, squeaks... just a smooth and quite ride. The transmission shifts with one finger, the clutch is perfect and the rear end makes no strange noises. It looks like the car has been off it's frame by the attention and care taken to bring it back to showroom fresh underneath. The floors are beautiful white fiberglass and the detail and correctness is second to none. Will please the fussiest of buyers. Frame stencil, paints daubs, oil filter canister, shifter, and on and on. All correct and all driveline components the car was born with. This is NOT a "put together, find the right parts, numbers matching car". Everything in the drivetrain was put in at the Factory.

The car starts, drives, stops, accelerates, exactly as it should. An absolute pleasure to drive. EVERY SINGLE ITEM ON THE CAR WORKS! Yes, even the wipers, washers, Wonderbar radio and original clock(not a quartz conversion). Anyone who has owned a straight axle Corvette will appreciate what it takes to make that happen! This Corvette is a very early production(#139) so has many characteristics of a '61 drain plug on Posi, low temp water gauge,early 62 features such as unpainted rocker moldings, different side inserts on front fenders. It is a very correct car from the T-3 headlights to the taillight wicks. Capable of an NCRS Flight Award without a problem if you so desire. Brand new date coded top, first year of the vin stamped on the transmission, original wheels (the spare tire board sits flat because of this), dated wiper motor, correct "O" stamped valve covers, Dill 627 valve caps on the wheels, correct scissor jack and wrench, radio condensers, carb & tag, generator tags, NOS 781 horn relay, bolt markings, clips, harness ties,... nothing overlooked.

If you look very close, in person, you can see the bonding seams throughout attesting to this car never being hit. There are no cracks anywhere. The paint and finish is show quality with great lines and gaps. All doors , windows, locks (Briggs & Stratton keys) are perfect. Very, very unusual. I took the valve covers off when I got it to verify numbers on the heads, which DO match, and the engine inside is absolutely brand new so I am guessing it has been gone through somewhere along the line. It runs like it has been rebuilt right down to a fully functional automatic choke.

As you can guess, this is not your average eBay Corvette. It can be a very high quality driver or you can simply trailer it to shows. Either way, it will not disappoint. I have all the casting numbers, date codes, & part numbers if you need any, I have the owner's manual, clock instructions, Owner Protection Plan Book and window sticker (which appears to be a reproduction).ALL NUMBER MATCH AND ARE ORIGINAL TO CAR. Motor (pad, casting & date) trans (with vin), posi, intake, carb, exhaust manifolds, distributor,generator, wiper motor, top. It is NCRS correct. also last winter I had a new date coded windshield installed,i sent the original am wonderbar radio sent out and is now fm,ipod functional,I also have the stock wheels and hubcaps mounted on whitewall radial tires that are included.You will not believe the attention this car draws SOLD

Last edited by nevanochko; 01-20-2016 at 08:52 PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:00 PM
csysman
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Very Nice ! any under car pics ... engine and bay area ?
GLWS
Old 07-19-2014, 12:25 PM
03clyde
Race Director

"Oh my" is an understatement IMHO.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:29 PM
nevanochko
Heel & Toe

hello if you can email at nevanochko@yahoo.com i'll forward more pics via shutterfly.com
Old 07-19-2014, 12:37 PM
sidepipe seeker
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

GREAT COLOR COMBO!!!...Mark
Old 07-20-2014, 02:39 PM
62corvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 663 Likes on 472 Posts

250 or 300 hp? 3spd or 4 spd? 61's didn't have unpainted rocker panels, by the way. Nice car!
Old 07-20-2014, 03:12 PM
nevanochko
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by 62corvette
250 or 300 hp? 3spd or 4 spd? 61's didn't have unpainted rocker panels, by the way. Nice car!
250 HP/ 4-speed you are right early 62's had unpainted rocker moldings Nick
Old 07-20-2014, 08:48 PM
denneys69
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Boy that's a beautiful 62. GLWS....

Get notified of new replies

To For Sale 1962 Corvette

Quick Reply: For Sale 1962 Corvette