C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Importantance of POP

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 10:25 AM
corvettewill
Le Mans Master

Received 1,044 Likes on 907 Posts

Default Importantance of POP

Just want some imput on how important it is to have a POP when buying a car as opposed to the car being restored and documenting all restoration parts with photos and having correct casting #s. Would you still buy the car without a POP?
Old 04-17-2014, 11:15 AM
kenba
Safety Car

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: PHOENIX AZ. WHAT A MAN WON"T SPEND TO GIVE HIS ASS A RIDE
Received 306 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by corvettewill
Just want some imput on how important it is to have a POP when buying a car as opposed to the car being restored and documenting all restoration parts with photos and having correct casting #s. Would you still buy the car without a POP?
It's nice to have a POP & tank/window sticker but unless it's a rare HP Corvette I would still buy one in fact MOST of the Corvettes over the years did not have paperwork. Most of it got thrown away when traded in.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:26 AM
vintagecorvette
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Original Documentation helps verify what the car truly is. A POP verifies the drivetrain, selling dealer and who bought the car. Many restamped cars. Many fake POP's as well. More cars out there without an original POP.
Documenting the restoration just documents what the car has become.

Originally Posted by corvettewill
Old 05-04-2014, 01:57 PM
My 1970
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Importance of P-O-P

It's great when a Corvette is offered for sale with an original P-O-P, Tank Sticker, Sales Invoice, etc; however, this documentation is rare. Back in the day, this documentation did not have the value given to it today; consequesntly, most was destroyed or lost after its untility expired. Basically, a Corvette should be evaluated on its own. Owner history, judging awards, and documentation of the restoration surely add market value to the car. JMHO
Mark
Old 05-04-2014, 03:26 PM
1974purchase
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default protect-o-plate

about five years ago i contacted the person who originally purchased my car and asked about the protect-o-plate / pop. i thought he may have kept it being his name should have been on it. no luck. he did not remember what the document / plate was that i was asking about.

Get notified of new replies

To Importantance of POP

Quick Reply: Importantance of POP