Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

Wanted a C1

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 11:22 AM
santosh
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted a C1

I'm new to Corvettes , so any help will be appreciated. I found :

http://www.vintagevettes.net/1956%20CPOH.html

Thanks

Santosh
http://www.speak-to-doc.de/oldi
Old 04-09-2014, 11:22 PM
Redbird
Safety Car

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 573 Likes on 307 Posts
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2016 C2 of Year Finalist

Sent you an email.

John F
Old 04-12-2014, 10:43 AM
Todd H.
Drifting

Received 423 Likes on 249 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared))
2019 C1 of Year Finalist (track prepared)

Santosh,

Are you still considering this '56? If so, I have some thoughts that I won't bore you with if you've already made a decision.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:58 PM
santosh
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Todd H.
Santosh,

Are you still considering this '56? If so, I have some thoughts that I won't bore you with if you've already made a decision.
Yes I do, special about : the paint is very shiny but has imperfections

alternativ a '59 : http://cars-on-line.com/72016.html

but I like the '56 more, how is the difference driving a 56 and 59 corvette? Maybe daily in summer?

Any ideas are welcome

Regards from Munich

Santosh

Last edited by santosh; 04-12-2014 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:03 PM
Todd H.
Drifting

Received 423 Likes on 249 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared))
2019 C1 of Year Finalist (track prepared)

Santosh,
Regards from Bemidji, Minnesota!
First of all, I do not have a car for sale, or an interest in either of these two cars, so I'm not trying to sell you anything. I own a '57, but it's not for sale. I've owned '56's and '59's and lots of others.
Of these two cars, I would definitely prefer the '59, and even though it's nearly $20,000 more than the '56 I think it's a better deal. An additional $20,000 spent on the '56 would not get you that '59. Pictures only tell part of a car's story, and to make a final decision I prefer to inspect cars myself. Both cars could be set up to be excellent daily summer drivers. There's not much difference in the driving experience of a properly prepared '56 or '59. As you can see, the body styling and especially the dash styling are different, but the chassis is pretty much the same.
The '56 has some modifications that could make it easier to use everyday with the power steering and brake conversion, but only if they've used quality products that were correctly installed. They would require on-site inspection and use, and even then you might be in trouble if they fail if you don't have access to replacement parts. I've used the disc brake conversion in a C1, though, and they are nice. Especially that dual chamber master cylinder. It's a great safety feature, especially for a daily driver. The power windows and powerglide automatic transmission are not rare on a '56 as the seller claims, though the car itself is rare since not very many were made. That car probably also had a power top. The circuit breaker from the top of the firewall is missing... they must have figured out some other way to make the power windows work. The car has apparently had a nose put on from the tops of the front wheel wells forward, not uncommon for a car with a light nose tap. Since the seam is cracking out, though, you're going to have problems with it. The paint does have nice shine, but it does not appear to have been carefully applied. Look at the doors, where there's paint on lots of parts where it's not supposed to be. I'm also concerned about all of the corrosion I see on the rotors. Most of the frame looks pretty good, but i'd give it a thorough inspection. There are lots of little incorrect things that I see on this car.
All of this said, the car does have a nice look and a great stance, and it's much cheaper than the '59. But I think the modifications hurt it's value (though they might enhance it's driveability), the poor paint and body problems hurt, and the automatic transmission probably hurts the value of the car, though some people prefer them. I prefer the '56 and '57 body style to the '58-'60, though that's purely subjective, and one could argue that the more logical design of the '58-'62 dash makes those cars a better choice all by itself. I just go for the simplicity of the single headlight body.
That '59 looks very well done. Frost blue is a great color, and to me it's even better with a white cove. Correct components and an apparently good fresh restoration. If it's in your budget, it's probably the better value here. Could one do better than either car for the price? I think so. If you really like the '56-'57 body style I think it's possible find a very nice one for even the price of the '56. Please let me know if you would like a specific example.
People's opinions on what cars are worth vary greatly. Some would say both of these cars are overpriced. Some might say they're both about right. Very few people would say either car is a great bargain.
Old Corvettes are a great thing to experience, but they're vastly different than a modern car.. even if they're been updated with better brakes and power steering. And they're old, so they need regular attention. Do you like to work on cars, or is there someone local that you trust to work on it? Do you have access to one that you could test drive? They almost always leak.. especially the '62 and older ones. If you want to drive it daily you'll want to skip the rainy days! If one is patient it's still possible to find a bargain.
PM me if you want contact info or some suggestions on cars for sale. Good luck with your search. Todd
Old 04-12-2014, 05:22 PM
santosh
Intermediate

Hi Todd,

your ideas will help me a lot.

thank you for your time you spend on me

Santosh
Old 04-14-2014, 09:33 AM
ghoastrider1
Le Mans Master

Received 265 Likes on 240 Posts

sent you an email. cars are not mine. The place is located north of Indianapolis, Indiana.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:30 AM
santosh
Intermediate

Thank you for your informations.

I have got my decision , I'm looking for a '56 - '58 corvette (less chrom and nicer dash - for me)

I tried to sit in a '59 Corvette today. It's nearly too short for me (6 feet 1/2 inch ) . Is there a chance to move the seat backwards?

Last edited by santosh; 04-14-2014 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:45 PM
Redbird
Safety Car

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 573 Likes on 307 Posts
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2016 C2 of Year Finalist

I think the 62's have the most leg room of the first generation. The seats are adjustable.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:39 PM
santosh
Intermediate

I purchased it

And this car was used in the movie "FALLING FROM GRACE" IN 1991
Attached Images   
Old 04-19-2014, 09:01 AM
chevahaulic
Pro

Really nice looking car. Much attention to detail. Hood fit and fender seam in center of the wheel well may expose a repair in the future. As far as rare colors... the paint gun doesn't have a direction on what should have been. Just a straight flat primer canvas.
Enjoy your new ride.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:41 AM
mr. 56 vette
5th Gear

Default mr. 56 vette

Originally Posted by santosh
Thank you for your informations.

I have got my decision , I'm looking for a '56 - '58 corvette (less chrom and nicer dash - for me)

I tried to sit in a '59 Corvette today. It's nearly too short for me (6 feet 1/2 inch ) . Is there a chance to move the seat backwards?
I am interested in selling my '56. It is a full option car in Aztec Copper.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:39 PM
jcaf
Cruising

I have a 62 for sale...matching #s 327/340. Red white conv top. if interested contact me at johnfish2@aol.com
Old 01-14-2016, 10:36 AM
Ferrolanoman
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default WTB 56 driver

Originally Posted by mr. 56 vette
I am looking for a 56 driver (so not a project nor a restored show car). Send me pics, price and location. Please use my email, landeira at Colorado dot edu, rather than a PM.

Last edited by Ferrolanoman; 01-14-2016 at 10:38 AM. Reason: missing info
Old 01-14-2016, 10:59 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

You 3 guys need to start your own threads:

Originally Posted by mr. 56 vette
he already posted he bought a car

Originally Posted by jcaf
I have a 62 for sale...matching #s 327/340. Red white conv top. if interested contact me at johnfish2@aol.com
At this point, he posted he bought a car over a year and a half ago.

Originally Posted by Ferrolanoman
I am looking for a 56 driver (so not a project nor a restored show car). Send me pics, price and location. Please use my email, landeira at Colorado dot edu, rather than a PM.
If you are looking for a car, start a thread rather than tacking a post onto someone else's thread that no one will see.

Get notified of new replies

To Wanted a C1

Quick Reply: Wanted a C1