Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

Nice "62" For Sale in California

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 07:54 PM
sidepipe seeker
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by biggd
Not even close to being the same thing. A car can be moved to another state, a house stays where it is. I can understand people trying to get more but I don't understand people willing to pay more when you can buy one outside of CA cheaper.
Whilst you are still shoveling snow & chopping wood for your fireplace to keep warm, we whom live in California are enjoying 70 degree weather, enjoying the Sun & Outdoors, living in relative Paradise has it's associated costs...Mark
Old 04-02-2014, 07:28 AM
biggd
Melting Slicks

Received 347 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by sidepipe seeker
Whilst you are still shoveling snow & chopping wood for your fireplace to keep warm, we whom live in California are enjoying 70 degree weather, enjoying the Sun & Outdoors, living in relative Paradise has it's associated costs...Mark
I understand that people living in "paradise" think they are special that's why the state can suck more money from you. That still doesn't relate to why people in Ca expect to get more for their Corvette. In this age of the internet and being able to search out your car all over the world why would I buy one that costs more just because it's from Ca and you had to pay more taxes on it? It just doesn't make sense but now, after reading your post, I see how Californians think.

Last edited by biggd; 04-02-2014 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:15 PM
sidepipe seeker
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by biggd
I understand that people living in "paradise" think they are special that's why the state can suck more money from you. That still doesn't relate to why people in Ca expect to get more for their Corvette. In this age of the internet and being able to search out your car all over the world why would I buy one that costs more just because it's from Ca and you had to pay more taxes on it? It just doesn't make sense but now, after reading your post, I see how Californians think.
The simple FACT is that certain states, due to their collective climates ie; DRY, NO Salt on the roads command higher prices, as an example there are "2" identical cars, "1" spent it's whole time in California, the other spent it's time in COLD, WET Alaska, which car do you estimate has a Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better chance at having a "Rust-Free" body/frame. Or course there are exceptions, but I am talking about "General Rule/s", not anomalies. Just like buyers pay more for black plate cars....Now get back to shoveling out your driveway, whilst I lather my bronze skin with more sun tan lotion!!!...Mark

Quick Reply: Nice "62" For Sale in California