Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

Restomod 67 corvette on eBay is a Sandy Storm Salvage.

Old 03-23-2014, 11:34 PM
brownacc
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If the car was completely rebuilt as a restomod why would you or anyone care if it was a flood car at one time ? The body wont be harmed by salt water and the frame wouldn't be either assuming it was for a short time before cleaning .
Do you know the amount of water that the car took ?
Do you know that any amount of salt water evidence on the car would result in totaling the car for any good insurance company ?
Say the car was in a garage and had water up to the cars floor and caused the carpet to be soaked , but yet never contacted the engine internals or the dash wiring , in this case the car would still be totaled by an insurance company .

If the underside of the dash is as clean as the suspension on that car I would car less about it's history buying it as a restomod and not an original car.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:25 AM
oldgold49er
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default salvage

As I stated above, LOOKS like a nice car. I am concerned that someone, somehow, somewhere bought a salvage vehicle and turned it into a titled car, and it appears to have been sold without disclosing any history to the buyer.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:52 PM
Wayne88
Race Director

Received 654 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by brownacc
If the car was completely rebuilt as a restomod why would you or anyone care if it was a flood car at one time ? The body wont be harmed by salt water and the frame wouldn't be either assuming it was for a short time before cleaning .

If the underside of the dash is as clean as the suspension on that car I would car less about it's history buying it as a restomod and not an original car.
I agree there is probably nothing wrong with this car due to water damage. The car is completely redone.
But I still think the history should be disclosed, especially for the price it’s going for.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:07 PM
289cobra
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default sandy flood car 1967

Is that the same car that was listed several months ago on ebay . No vin this time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Restomod 67 corvette on eBay is a Sandy Storm Salvage.