Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

1961 Corvette Convertible MUST SEE

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 10:50 PM
dntalman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1961 Corvette Convertible MUST SEE

I have a 1961 All original Fuel Injected Corvette with 32000 original miles on the car and has been kept inside a climate controlled place since 1967 . The original owner bought the car new in 61 and was sent off to vietnam and told his best friend to keep the title to the car and if he didnt make it back that he could keep the car , he never returned so the man we got the car from has owned it since 67 . This car has the 315HP 283 with fuel injection and with a POWER CONVERTIBLE top and is 1 of 8 made with the power top in has two tops with the car . This car has all the paper work and documentation with it to prove that all the numbers are right , even the original window sticker from 1961 when the car was purchased . The car is immaculant , the interior is perfect and the bumpers are flawless and the undercarridge is flawless as well . If you are interested in this car you can PM me and I will return your message . This car is a rare find and probably the only one still left in the US ..... Price is 185,000 The only thing ever touched on this car was a exterior repaint only. As everyone is aware paint in 61 was not the best. It is better than new All emblems are original and perfect. It is a multiple show winner. Every judge states "It is the best example of a 61 they have ever seen. You can even tell by the hood latch that it has hardly ever had the hood raised. All the window glass is original with no clouding, truly perfect. I have all the paperwork when it was bought new including the window sticker. I turned down 160,000 two years ago. It is truly that nice. The guy I bought it from a several years back had Jay Leno tryed to buy it. He would not even price it to him. As everyone knows Jay Leno only has the cream of the crop cars. If you are a true buyer and see this Vette. YOU WILL BUY IT! You would be hard pressed to find one this nice anywhere.. Would take a newer Z06 or a viper in on trade toward the car. Also into 69 Camaro's and 70 Chevelle's

Last edited by dntalman; 04-11-2013 at 01:31 AM.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:57 PM
rickcarson8500
Racer

Beautiful example of a 61 Fuelie; but what restorations have been undertaken. Pictures of the block and other casting numbers would be helpful. Also, a little info on the setting of the asking price would be appreciated.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:19 AM
dntalman
Instructor

The car has had a paint job. Nothing else, all chrome is perfect and original. I will try to get the casting number pictures. As for the asking price. The car speaks for itself. pull up any 61 on here and compare. Look at the original interior shot and how perfect the door panels and seats are. I turned 160,000 down a couple of years ago. This is the best example of a 61 around.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:24 AM
dntalman
Instructor

Have all original paperwork including window sticker and the original tag from when it was bought new. All documentation from the day it was bought new.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:38 AM
Joe Inama
Drifting

Received 327 Likes on 159 Posts

Awesome car. Beautiful for sure.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:25 AM
dntalman
Instructor

My price is not set in stone. The car is truly a show piece. The only thing ever done to this car is a paint job. This car still has all factory hoses and belts. Does not leak anything and the motor has never been out of the car.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:04 AM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

It looks like an outstanding car.

God luck with your sale. Like I said it is outstanding.

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 04-11-2013 at 10:08 AM. Reason: price commentary removed
Old 04-13-2013, 03:27 AM
dntalman
Instructor

TTT and yes the tag on the back is the original tag from the first owner.

Get notified of new replies

To 1961 Corvette Convertible MUST SEE

Quick Reply: 1961 Corvette Convertible MUST SEE