Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

1963 swc vintage race car for sale !

Old 04-23-2013, 05:37 PM
offshore241
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

BIG NEWS !! I JUST CONNECTED WITH ANOTHER PRIOR OWNER !! HE RACED THIS CAR FROM 1966 THRU 1978 IS GOING TO PROVIDE TONS OF PAPERWORK PICTURES AND OTHER DOCUMENTATION !!

HMMM, FULL OWNERSHIP RACE HISTORY WITH PICTURES, DOCUMENTATION AND CONTACT INFO FOR PAST OWNERS ??
$$$$
Old 04-23-2013, 05:59 PM
sidepipe seeker
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

I have a PRISTINE Factory Demo Highly Optioned 100 hours on twin volvo diesels, 25 ft Rodman Sportfisher, built in Spain, Coast Guard documented hull. New cost close to $90,000.00+++ NEVER Fished, berthed in freshwater, are you interested in any trades?, Vessel currently located in San Francisco Area....Mark
Old 04-24-2013, 09:57 AM
jimgessner
Safety Car

Received 638 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by sidepipe seeker
I have a PRISTINE Factory Demo Highly Optioned 100 hours on twin volvo diesels, 25 ft Rodman Sportfisher, built in Spain, Coast Guard documented hull. New cost close to $90,000.00+++ NEVER Fished, berthed in freshwater, are you interested in any trades?, Vessel currently located in San Francisco Area....Mark
BRUCE.....we need this car at SEARS POINT May 16-18. This might be a win-win deal.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:30 AM
offshore241
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sidepipe seeker
Mark, Thank you for the offer. I have currently have a 34 Intrepid, with a 37' inbound. Yours does sound like a cool boat !! Any other fourm members intrested ? Contact Sidepipe seeker direct.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:05 AM
oregngrl1
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Corvette Advertised

I was married to Pat Usher when this car was purchased by him in 1966. See slide show. Was sebring silver when it was totally stock, then flared and autocrossed, then painted dark blue with light blue stripe, then painted dark blue with yellow stripe.

Car was never black, factory Sebring Silver, then repainted dark blue. Had a 460 truck block in it, not a 427. Pat is a well know engine builder in the Pacific NW. I cannot even begin to guess how many thousands and thousands of hours he worked on this car. He did all of the body work himself, the flares were huge to accomodate the big wide tires. The last time I rode in this car was 2 weeks before our daughter was born, squeezing myself into the passenger seat behind the roll bar for a victory lap. We had our first date in this car back in 1967 when it was still a stock Corvette, spilled gin & pineapple juice all over the seats at the drive in, listening to his 4 track tape player. Then he tore it up to be a race car. The seats, carpets, door panels and other interior parts went into a Sebring Silver 1963 Corvette we bought for me to drive that needed new interior.

We loved this car, affectionately still called Lulubelle by us today. Have wondered a thousand times what happened to her. So happy to hear she is still alive and well. I would never have recognized her. So happy to find this site. By the way, that is Me sitting in the car at a race. Brings tears to my eyes to remember all the years we spent with this car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-LYC...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by oregngrl1; 05-01-2013 at 01:48 AM.
The following users liked this post:
63Corvette (08-15-2016)
Old 05-01-2013, 08:08 AM
offshore241
Burning Brakes

Cheryl,

Thank you so much for posting the video !! The car is alive and doing very well !! Its schuedled to race at PBIR on May 18th !!

Bruce
Old 05-01-2013, 10:57 AM
grandsport4me1963
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by oregngrl1
I was married to Pat Usher when this car was purchased by him in 1966. See slide show. Was sebring silver when it was totally stock, then flared and autocrossed, then painted dark blue with light blue stripe, then painted dark blue with yellow stripe.

Car was never black, factory Sebring Silver, then repainted dark blue. Had a 460 truck block in it, not a 427. Pat is a well know engine builder in the Pacific NW. I cannot even begin to guess how many thousands and thousands of hours he worked on this car. He did all of the body work himself, the flares were huge to accomodate the big wide tires. The last time I rode in this car was 2 weeks before our daughter was born, squeezing myself into the passenger seat behind the roll bar for a victory lap. We had our first date in this car back in 1967 when it was still a stock Corvette, spilled gin & pineapple juice all over the seats at the drive in, listening to his 4 track tape player. Then he tore it up to be a race car. The seats, carpets, door panels and other interior parts went into a Sebring Silver 1963 Corvette we bought for me to drive that needed new interior.

We loved this car, affectionately still called Lulubelle by us today. Have wondered a thousand times what happened to her. So happy to hear she is still alive and well. I would never have recognized her. So happy to find this site. By the way, that is Me sitting in the car at a race. Brings tears to my eyes to remember all the years we spent with this car.

Thanks for sharing your story oregngrl1.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Midyrman
Drifting

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Default Cheryl

A terrific and touching story.

The picture of you leaning out the window speaks a thousand words and is a treasure find.

Thank you for sharing.

Tom,
Old 06-08-2013, 09:58 AM
vettehavin
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offshore241
Cheryl,

Thank you so much for posting the video !! The car is alive and doing very well !! Its schuedled to race at PBIR on May 18th !!

Bruce
So is the car still available?
Old 06-08-2013, 08:08 PM
offshore241
Burning Brakes

This truly amazing car has moved on to a new care taker. He has great plans for the epic machine. The Rolex at Monterrey is just the beginning. Cool car, I will miss it. Glad it went to a good home, and is staying in the US.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:30 PM
Larry1965
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My best friend used to work with the previous owner, Pat Usher, and as a 16 year old, Pat gave me a couple of laps in this car in Portland. It was blue with a 454/460 as I recall and I'll remember that ride for as long as I live! Cheryl?? I sent you a PM. Larry
Old 07-24-2013, 11:35 AM
jimgessner
Safety Car

Received 638 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by oregngrl1

AND CHERYL, I just updated the REGISTRY OF CORVETTE RACE CARS entry http://registryofcorvetteracecars.co...view_cars/1159.

Did the car make it home to the SOVERN RACES in PORTLAND in late May, early June 2013?

Last edited by jimgessner; 07-24-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1963 swc vintage race car for sale !