Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

F/S 1962 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 04:21 AM
mikesbb66vette
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F/S 1962 Corvette

For Sale: 1962 Corvette, Below is a detailed description of the car. The price is 34K FIRM. I have put together a Flickr page with over 60 pictures here is the link. http://www.flickr.com/photos/68483735@N07/

I am not interested in any trades. Please no low ball offers. If you are not willing to pay 34K please do not waste either of our time. I am not selling the car for financial reasons. I am selling to purchase another car.

If interested, you can send me an email at lerawm@bp.com or, call me at 409-771-4455. If I do not answer please leave a message and I will get back with you. I am a shift worker so it may be a few hours before I return your call or email. The car is located in Texas City, Tx 77590, just south of Houston.

Thanks, Mike

1962 Corvette:
The car is white with red interior. It has a black soft top & a white hardtop.

Interior: Most of the interior is original. Dashboard: The dashboard pad is the original with no cracks, it’s not dry or brittle, it’s still soft and color is still bright red and not faded. The rear view mirror is tight and in good shape. The gauge cluster is in good condition with good clear glass and a nice chrome bezel. The speedometer works fine but the tach is not hooked up. It does not have a tach drive distributor; it has an electronic ignition Mallory. The mileage odometer is stuck between 24,999 & 25,000. The fresh air vent in front of the windshield opens, closes & works great. It still has the original glove box tray in nice condition. The original radio is gone; it has an aftermarket cassette player in the slot. The seats still have the original covers. They are slightly faded with a few lose stitches but are still presentable. Doors: The original door panels are in great shape. The color is still nice bright red. The window cranks are slightly pitted but still shine nice. The carpet on the door panels is a little faded compared to the new carpet. The carpet is new and it has new deluxe embroidered floor mats. I replaced the door handles and pads with new ones from Corvette Central. Overall the appearance is very nice. If you have any further questions about the interior do not hesitate to ask.

The exterior: Overall the body is nice and straight. The white paint job is about a 7 on a 10 scale. It looks like it was sanded down, taped up and painted with single stage acrylic enamel. There are a couple of chips out of the paint and it looks like the original paint job is under the new paint. The car was not disassembled and painted. All the doors, trunk & hood open & close nice with no dragging or sticking. The front bumpers are in nice shape. They have some tiny, tiny pits. You have to get down and look at them side ways to see them. Outside in the sun you can’t tell, they shine really well. I have installed a 1960 grille. I just love the look of the teeth over just the plain bar. When I installed the grille, I took a dremel tool and cut the extra stud threads from the back of the teeth so the original grille would still fit in the car. So the original grille is still behind the teeth. The license plate bezel has a small ding. The rear bumpers are in excellent condition and shine nice. The door chrome that closes up to the windshield frame are originals and have some slight pitting but still shine nice. The windshield corners where the convertible top pins go in to their holes show their 50 years of age. They are scratched from the alignment pins hitting while closing the top. The tires and wheels are original riveted rims with original hubcaps. They have been blasted, primed and painted red. The original convertible black top is in pretty good shape overall. It has a few cracks and tares in the folding areas, but is presentable. It will need to be replaced. The hardtop is in decent condition. It is un-restored. It needs new rubber. I cut all the old hard rubber off. Needless to say the wind whistles through the cracks. The headliner is in fair condition. It has a crack or two but is still presentable. The original back glass has some scratches but overall is very clear. The side windows are crazed. I usually do not have the hardtop on the car but I love the look. Inside the trunk it is empty. The carpet and mat that was inside was not salvageable. Overall the exterior appearance is very nice. If you have any further questions about the exterior of the car please don’t hesitate to ask.

Drivetrain: IT’S A NOM CAR….It has a 350ci small block casting # 3970014 (70-76). Intake casting # 3872783 (327 Holley) which has oil filler tube in front. Heads casting # 340292 (70’s OTC angle plugs) with roller rockers. The man I got the car from said it was a solid lifter 383ci. The car is fast. It will burn the tires thru first, half way thru second and chirp’em in third. Transmission is a Muncie 4 speed. The Rear End is a Posi, not sure of the gear. It still has the original drum brakes all the way around. The car brakes good and even with a full pedal. The suspension and steering is nice and tight. The car has no rattles or squeaks and drives great. The frame is nice and solid. It has only light surface rust. There is no scale or pitting. If it were blasted, primed and painted, it would have a smooth finish like it was when new.

Electrical System: All of the headlights, tail lights, brake lights and blinkers work fine. All of the dash lights work. No issues with the charging system. The only thing that doesn’t work is the wipers & the temp gauge. It has an aftermarket temp gauge. The wiper switch on the dashboard feels bad. I have not chased down the problem, mainly because I don’t drive the car in the rain.

Overall this 62 is a nice driver. It drives and performs great. The condition of the interior & exterior is very presentable. If you are looking for a nice driver that you can do light restoration and personalize while enjoying your car this would be a prime candidate. It mainly needs a good detailing under the hood and a trunk kit installed. This is a driver quality car, Not a restored car. It is 49 years old and shows it’s age in places.

I have done my best to describe the cars condition. If you have any questions please feel free to drop me a line or give me a call. My contact information is listed below.

Thanks, Mike
409-771-4455
wmlera@earthlink.net
lerawm@bp.com
Texas City, Tx 77590
Old 05-02-2012, 07:24 AM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

Mike, it souds like you have done an outstanding job telling all the information about your car. The pic you posted are very good and show most everything someone would want to know about the car. Your price look very fare so I think you will sell your car very fast. It would be nice to see more cars discribed in detail like your car is. Good luck with your sell.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Red 50th Anniversary
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Default I'll take first dibs

Mike, I tried calling you and left a message for you to call. Please put me down for first dibs on this car subject to an inspection at my cost.
Thank you,
Frank
Old 05-02-2012, 05:46 PM
vt65
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Mike, it sounds like you have done an outstanding job telling all the information about your car. The pic you posted are very good and show most everything someone would want to know about the car. Your price look very fare so I think you will sell your car very fast. It would be nice to see more cars discribed in detail like your car is. Good luck with your sell.
with Mike that's the way to sell them....having a great car doesn't hurt either

Last edited by vt65; 05-02-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:11 PM
mikesbb66vette
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 62 Sale

Have Sale Pending.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Nitrodamus
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike Terry
Mike, it souds like you have done an outstanding job telling all the information about your car. The pic you posted are very good and show most everything someone would want to know about the car. Your price look very fare so I think you will sell your car very fast. It would be nice to see more cars discribed in detail like your car is. Good luck with your sell.
That was the perfect ad! Well written and many photos... wish everyone would do the same
Old 05-09-2012, 09:58 AM
carbdude
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default IMO - This Looks LIke A Great Buy!!

Are there any others out there in this condition, for this kind of $$?

I'd be interested in seeing what you have.

Send me a PM with e-mail address and photos.

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To F/S 1962 Corvette

Quick Reply: F/S 1962 Corvette