Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

FSBO: 1961 Corvette Project Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 12:23 PM
lr61cr
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FSBO: 1961 Corvette Project Car

Up for sale is my 1961 Corvette. Its a running and driving PROJECT car. It does not have the original motor, but a generic non-corvette low horsepower small block. It has a newly rebuilt turbo 350 auto trans, but the car has a clutch pedal and looks like it was originally a 4 spd car.

The body appears pretty solid. There is no evidence of the front end fiberglass being replaced. The grill area has a few small repairs in the fiberglass and the left rear upper quarter panel has evidence of sloppy repair. The headlight bezels were added in chrome, but I have the originals along with the grill. I also have new door panels. The paint and interior are tired, but its a project car. It has a nice new soft top.

The frame has significant rust in various areas that was covered up with Bondo by a previous owner. One photo depicts this by the spring mouting area. I have not removed the paint / bondo so I do not know the extent of the damage, but consider that it needs its frame replaced.

The brakes have been rebuit and the car runs and drive pretty nice all things considering.

Some pics can be seen in the following craigslist ad, more are available at your request.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...885602970.html
Old 03-05-2012, 05:57 PM
63 grandsport
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default frame

will have 61-62 frame coming up pretty soon
Old 02-24-2015, 04:06 PM
oil_guy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 63 grandsport
will have 61-62 frame coming up pretty soon
I saw this old post and thought I would reach out and see if you ever sold your 62 Vette ? If not I would be interested but I do know this is about a three year old post and its a long shot. Thank you
Old 02-24-2015, 05:49 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

Originally Posted by oil_guy
I saw this old post and thought I would reach out and see if you ever sold your 62 Vette ? If not I would be interested but I do know this is about a three year old post and its a long shot. Thank you
Please send the member a PM instead of hoping he sees an answer to a 3 year old post in a thread he didnt start.

Get notified of new replies

To FSBO: 1961 Corvette Project Car

Quick Reply: FSBO: 1961 Corvette Project Car