Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

Sixtsvn 4 sale?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 12:55 PM
wow
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Sixtsvn 4 sale?

Yep, sad day . Many of you have seen pictures of my '67 Convertible on this forum several times (search Hot August Nights for CF members get together pics). I bought it in California in January, 2008. It was an original all matching numbers L-79 in Lynndale Blue with Teal interior, 4 speed, outside exhaust, rally wheels, newly replaced white top . The exterior had just been repainted in the original color, but two stage (base coat/clear coat) with a touch of sparkle added. I replaced all the teal interior pieces where appropriate in white, with new seat foam on the white leather seats and added repro Starburst wheels. I also replaced the old teal carpet and added a heat barrier under the jute. In 2010, I pulled all the small block parts and replaced them with big block parts, including the correct gauges, rear sway bar, etc., and installed a new built L-89 (L-71 with aluminum heads), non matching numbers/non period correct, but strong and gorgeous (see avatar). The engine block is painted body color and the new BB Stinger hood is painted on both sides to match (white stinger). Additionally, I pulled all the old manual steering and installed a new Steeroids rack and pinion system with power steering. The radio was rebuilt by Jerry at ElectroDesign and has an iPod jack installed. Everything works. All the original L-79 parts are included in the sale, including the engine, small block hood, steering, rally wheels, interior bits and pieces, etc., except the teal seat covers, which were trash. All the naysayers will call this a "fake" and a "clone" which it is. I prefer to call it a "tribute" to the rarest '67 of all...only 16 L-89's were built vs 20 L-88's. I am listing this car for 80K or best offer, and I am only listing it on this forum. If no members are interested in the next few weeks, then I will list it on eBay. Thanks, Nick
Old 11-05-2011, 05:56 PM
dahogan
Enjoy while you can.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,686 Likes on 1,273 Posts
Ohio Events Coordinator
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Thats a great corvette you built, good luck Nick
Old 11-06-2011, 09:48 AM
wow
Drifting

Thanks Dennis. The forum requires a price to be listed, but that price is very negotiable. It's hard to put a firm price on a one off like this. So I am considering every offer.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:50 PM
jjtoma
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I always wondered how a white/teal interior would look.

Could you be so kind as to post some pics.

Thanks

Jim

Old 11-06-2011, 11:55 PM
MrTrim
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 377 Likes on 172 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Nick,

I'm sorry to here you and Debbie are selling the car. Hope all is well with you both. To anyone looking for something like this, I can say that Nick spent his money in all the right places. This is a "Beautiful" car and a pleasure to hear going down the HWY. Any new owner will be very happy as I'm sure you will be sad to see the car go. Good luck with the sale

Chris & Debbie

PS, We moved to Jackson CA. Last year. (I don't miss Reno at all.)
Old 11-07-2011, 12:42 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Its easier to sell an $80k car if you would post a couple pictures.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:34 AM
wow
Drifting

There are so many pics of my car taken by other members plastered all over this forum that I didn't want to clutter things up. Plus I'm a klutz when trying to post pics here cuz I can't remember how. If you check out the thread "CF members and HAN Get Together. Picture Heavy" by Mr.Bill you can see my '67 and the comments made by other forum members. Yeah, I can toot my horn all day and tell you what a great car it is, but I think other members comments are more telling. I put this car on the forum first, before eBay or Craigslist, because of the many positive comments I've received from forum members who have see the car either in person or from pics posted. As far as the price, like I said, it's negotiable. 80k is less than I have tied up in it. But it's only worth what an interested buyer thinks it's worth. Nick
Old 11-07-2011, 12:57 PM
claysmoker
Race Director

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'11-'12-'13-'14

HUH? Say it ain't so Joe.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:50 AM
VettePro67
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer5869
Its easier to sell an $80k car if you would post a couple pictures.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:43 PM
claysmoker
Race Director

There are a few in this thread:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-a...ure-heavy.html
Old 11-08-2011, 01:13 PM
wow
Drifting

Originally Posted by claysmoker

Thanks Dave
Old 11-08-2011, 02:15 PM
dahogan
Enjoy while you can.
Support Corvetteforum!

Ohio Events Coordinator

Old 11-08-2011, 07:11 PM
wow
Drifting

Originally Posted by dahogan

Thanks for the org of those pics Dennis. Let me tell you, it wasn't easy to get HAN to award my car a teal ribbon to match it's interior, had to take runner up to best of show for that thing. Glad Claysmoker wasn't there that day!
Old 11-09-2011, 11:24 AM
FASTZ
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What is the casting number of the L89 block that is currently installed in the car? Are the heads '67 aluminum heads? Is the hood an original big block or reproduction? Is the small block motor the original that came in the car from the factory? Is it complete carb to pan? What condition is it in? Any original documentation with the car?
Old 11-10-2011, 11:27 AM
wow
Drifting

Originally Posted by FASTZ
What is the casting number of the L89 block that is currently installed in the car? Are the heads '67 aluminum heads? Is the hood an original big block or reproduction? Is the small block motor the original that came in the car from the factory? Is it complete carb to pan? What condition is it in? Any original documentation with the car?
To my knowledge, there is no such thing as a L89 block or a L71 block, but I could be wrong. This block is a early '70s Chevy Big Block with 2 bolt mains, if it's critical, I can pull the numbers. It has been treated and bored .30 over. It was built with a new 427 steel crank. Every other part of this engine is new, including the carbs, cam, etc., except I used the distributor from my small block. If the heads were '67 aluminum heads, I'd have a 300K car, as that may be the rarest part of them all from '67. They are new rectangular port aluminum heads, custom built out of White Performance in Tennessee. They have roller rockers. The pistons are NASCAR SRP pistons and the compression is 10.3 to 1 so it runs on pump gas without additives needed. The solid lifters are new and really cool with a tiny hole drilled through them with a laser for better oil distribution. The new cam is a flat tappet from Crane, made to exactly match the original L71 cam. The small block L79 motor is the matching numbers to the VIN plate original that came with the car, I have no idea if it's the original from the factory, but all the numbers match so I would think so...it is complete...it has around 48k original miles on it. I don't think it's ever been apart. The hood is a reproduction. I had the stinger motif painted on both sides. There is no original documentation other than sales stuff, and all my receipts. Again, this is a car that looks exactly like a L89 would have looked in '67, with a new engine built exactly like a L89 would have been built and appear, without the cost of trying to create a clone to fool someone into thinking it was real. There are no body mods like flares, etc. It has modern power steering for driveability. It's a car built to go to car shows and have people oooh and aaah; a car I can get in and drive anywhere without fear of something breaking; a car that will pull your eyeballs back into their sockets if you decide to open those 3 2's. What it is not is an investment quality, trailer queen. It's meant to be driven and shown. People love it. Kids want their picture taken in it. I've never had someone say, I don't like it. It's a combination stock/restomod/mild custom. Whew...I could go on all day...anything else you need to know?
Old 11-19-2011, 07:22 AM
dahogan
Enjoy while you can.
Support Corvetteforum!

Ohio Events Coordinator

Always wanted a BB roadster to go with my SB coupe, but the wife doesnt have the same desire unless I buy her a bigger house and one with a four car garage: sorry Nick but I tried
Old 11-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Vetterway
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Even headrest seats

Sorry Nick to see that you selling. Can't take it to The Villages? I always enjoyed your threads and timely as I was getting my '67 back to the L68 it was born with. Didn't get to HAN again this year even though we had reservations - a buddy of mine took sick and in no condition to make the long journey. Good luck with the sale. Everyone should know Nick did everything the right way with no short cuts on this beauty...

Vetterway

Get notified of new replies

To Sixtsvn 4 sale?

Old 11-22-2011, 03:50 PM
wow
Drifting

Originally Posted by Vetterway
Sorry Nick to see that you selling. Can't take it to The Villages? I always enjoyed your threads and timely as I was getting my '67 back to the L68 it was born with. Didn't get to HAN again this year even though we had reservations - a buddy of mine took sick and in no condition to make the long journey. Good luck with the sale. Everyone should know Nick did everything the right way with no short cuts on this beauty...

Vetterway
Thanks vw. No offers yet
Old 11-29-2011, 10:53 AM
wow
Drifting

No one is interested at $80k, so lets try a price reduction to $75K.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:04 PM
claysmoker
Race Director

Bump for my buddy Nick.

Quick Reply: Sixtsvn 4 sale?