Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

67 coupe 427/435 project car

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Cmacsvette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 67 coupe 427/435 project car

Hi Guy's,
Been gone for awhile, I'm "thinking" about selling my project car. It is a real 67 coupe, 427/435, 370 rear, M21 tran. with "matching original motor" and "matching frame". Body has "matching vin tag". If you go to my sig, you will see pic of motor. If you go to Vetteworksonline.com and click on restorations, you will see just some of the work I've been doing for the last 12 years and more. Dan is the owner of Vetteworks and he will testify to the quality of work I've put into this project! Basically, body is ready for powder coated frame. Motor still needs to be built. Teal leather interior and other interior components are done and ready to go................ I can write pages and pages on this project. I can take 100's and 100's of pics, but for right now I would just like some input from you guys if you would and could please. From your guts, give me some ideas on $ values for this project if sold turn key. I know you will have questions, so besure and post or email me. If I had to estimate it, I would say about 90 to 95% of all components are done (rebuilt, painted, chromed, bought new, etc.) Feel free to call Dan or email him. He has been to my shop for years and has witnessed this whole project.
In a nut shell... Do I need to sell it, no. Would I entertain the thought for the right price, yes.
Regards,
Craig

Last edited by Cmacsvette; 03-10-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:10 PM
ukester
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 167 Likes on 93 Posts

you do need to post a price
Old 03-10-2011, 02:13 PM
provette67
Le Mans Master

Received 705 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Cmacsvette
Hi Guy's,
Been gone for awhile, I'm "thinking" about selling my project car. It is a real 67 coupe, 427/435, 370 rear, M21 tran. with "matching original motor" and "matching frame". Body has "matching vin tag". If you go to my sig, you will see pic of motor. If you go to Vetteworksonline.com and click on restorations, you will see just some of the work I've been doing for the last 12 years and more. Dan is the owner of Vetteworks and he will testify to the quality of work I've put into this project! Basically, body is ready for powder coated frame. Motor still needs to be built. Teal leather interior and other interior components are done and ready to go................ I can write pages and pages on this project. I can take 100's and 100's of pics, but for right now I would just like some input from you guys if you would and could please. From your guts, give me some ideas on $ values for this project if sold turn key. I know you will have questions, so besure and post or email me. If I had to estimate it, I would say about 90 to 95% of all components are done (rebuilt, painted, chromed, bought new, etc.) Feel free to call Dan or email him. He has been to my shop for years and has witnessed this whole project.
In a nut shell... Do I need to sell it, no. Would I entertain the thought for the right price, yes.
Regards,
Craig
any documentation?
Old 03-10-2011, 04:16 PM
BrentF
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

This kind of approach to selling a car in today's market is hardly the way to maximize value.

Rather than asking prospective buyers to search for pictures or send emails to somebody named Dan, I would suggest you put a little more effort into the selling exercise yourself, like maybe a picture or two.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:24 PM
68-427Rich
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

If he doesn't post a price, why not just delete this thread?
Old 03-10-2011, 08:00 PM
captain cook
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Values can range from $150,000 for the best of the best , down to $65,000 for a good resto. The true test of its "value" is what someone will pay for it.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:03 PM
splidecision63
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Price ??????? Rules say Not I
Old 03-11-2011, 03:24 AM
Cmacsvette
Burning Brakes

Wow, I guess I screwed up. I was not trying to sell at this time. I was just looking for some ball
park #'s,. I obviously have some #'s myself and thought I would get some input. "I guess what I did wrong was, I posted in the wrong area". I apologize for that. The head chiefs can move this post to general and probably should. I have been gone for awhile and thought it would be fun to drop in ,say hi and get some input. The last thing I expected was to be beat on by a couple posts after posting. I have given my all to many many people on this forum in the past. I treated ALL of them, (no matter what the question, how much they left out, it did not matter,) with the up most respect!! If I am posting in the wrong area or whatever, tell me I'll move on!.........................So to make it clear, this car is a basket case. (in a good way) I gave a small amount of info in first post to get a feel. (maybe) I can take a pic of a body (unpainted), a hood, two doors, a frame, a motor, a tranny and a diff. The rest is wrapped and boxed. Before unwrapping chromed and finished parts, I thought I might get some other views before emptying the basket.
As I stated in the first post, I know there will be questions, I'll do my best.

provette67,
To answer your question, there is no documentation, not a drop. An expert at one time checked the vin# on the block and said it's original. The vin tag has not been altered or replaced. I took it off to do a good complete finish to the inside, yes I have it and correct rivets. I am the only one to take the body off the frame, yes, the vin #'s match on the frame. I have some extra confidence in this car (unlike others who have bought a none doc car) because the man I bought this car from, we were both in Vietnam. We both bought 67 coupes, 435 cars.

ukester
As I stated above, I had not plan to sell on this post. After all of that and I'm getting the feel I should make the first step. So I'm thinking 60 to 80 thou.
Thanks,
Craig

Last edited by Cmacsvette; 03-11-2011 at 03:28 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:22 PM
BlackbirdZ07
Safety Car

Received 199 Likes on 128 Posts

I'm thinking 60 to 80 thou.
I'd guess $55-70K is in the ballpark. Still needs paint, motor to be built, and assembly. Lack of documentation particularly hurts an L71. But the work looks nice, especially if done to NCRS standards, and it has some good options.

What's the original color?
Old 03-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Cmacsvette
Burning Brakes

Blackbird, thankyou for the complement.
The original color is Marlboro Maroon.
Craig
Old 03-11-2011, 07:22 PM
70mph@2200rpm
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This reminds me of the Johnny Carson skit "Carnac the Magnificent", where he holds an envelope up and with his 'magical powers' divines the answer to what is then revealed inside the envelope as the written question.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:49 PM
rss454
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A good laugh

Brent F I love the trains, I am still laughing. And 70mph If i remember correctly from Karnac, he keeps the answers in an old maynoise jar on Funk & Wagners back porch...till noon today. I needed a good laugh, thanks to both of u. Oh...it does sound like a nice project for someone, don't give up...they just razzing u a bit. On this site a car without pics is like the blind date we have all had. Where they went, "trust me she looks great". Then when you get there u saw she was not a matching numbers girl, had a 20 ft makeup job, & something was wrong with her rear end.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:14 AM
Cmacsvette
Burning Brakes

I'm working on the pic part. I remember in the past years trying to post pics was a pain in the butt. Trying to find a host, then down loading pics and then cross your fingers you could get them to the forum and hope they didn't cover the entire page. It was very frustrating to me to say the least.
Well, I have been navigating the forum and found the section on how to post pics. It looks like they have a step by step plan for guys like me. So I'll take some pics and see how it all plays out. Our computer broke and won't be out of the shop until Tue or Wed of next week. I have been working from the first lap top ever made and I can tell ya, I ain't going to try to use this baby to post pics.
Craig

BTW to whom it may concern, I asked a forum admin. today about moving this thread to another site. I haven't heard or seen yet. ?

Last edited by Cmacsvette; 03-12-2011 at 03:29 AM.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:11 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by 70mph@2200rpm
This reminds me of the Johnny Carson skit "Carnac the Magnificent", where he holds an envelope up and with his 'magical powers' divines the answer to what is then revealed inside the envelope as the written question.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Gimme1MoreC1
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Teal leather interior and other interior components are done and ready to go................
in another post you say ''The original color is Marlboro Maroon". Now that is an interesting combo.
I just want to see the Trim Tag, that has to be one of one, along with a 435, now that's a rare car indeed.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:03 PM
Cmacsvette
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gimme1MoreC1
in another post you say ''The original color is Marlboro Maroon". Now that is an interesting combo.
I just want to see the Trim Tag, that has to be one of one, along with a 435, now that's a rare car indeed.
Your right! That would be a rare combo alright! As stated before, I have "no docs". I knew this going into the project. My plan in this resto was to keep major components(body, frame, motor and all other components that are date coded and could be rebuilt), together. I was picking my own colors for exterior and interior I have the original trim tag and it is Marlboro Maroon.
Craig
Old 03-13-2011, 11:35 PM
ghoastrider1
Le Mans Master

Received 265 Likes on 240 Posts

welcome home. I too, am a Nam vet, you can see what I was in the pic. No, I sat in back behind a m-60, I cant fly squat.

Get notified of new replies

To 67 coupe 427/435 project car

Old 03-14-2011, 12:05 AM
Cmacsvette
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ghoastrider1
welcome home. I too, am a Nam vet, you can see what I was in the pic. No, I sat in back behind a m-60, I cant fly squat.
Welcome home to you, I'm somewhere under you in your pic. lol
I'm in the jungle (18 yrs old) with a M16, 60 ammo belts hanging over my body, a M79, oh, throw some grenades in the mix and a few claymores, BAM! I was a killer. 3rd Marines, 3rd Battalion, India Company. You fly boys/door gunners saved my butt and others more then once!
THANKYOU, THANKYOU ,THANKYOU

Regards,
Craig
Old 03-17-2011, 01:54 AM
vettedan
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have personal seen this project. Craig is a perfectionist. The quality of workmanship is the best I've ever seen. Craig would never make a living at this because his standards are way too high. The quality is so far beyond the original new 67 vette. He makes my 68 restoration look sad.
Here the link to his restro:

http://www.vetteworksonline.com/restorations.htm

Dan
Vetteworks Motorsports
253-737-4849
Old 03-18-2011, 01:20 AM
Cmacsvette
Burning Brakes

Thanks Dan. Your to hard on yourself, your 68 resto is very nice! It's going to be a fine ride when done.

Attn: Forum guys. Vetteworksonline is a great place for your racing needs and more. They manufacture some awesome stuff! The owner (Dan) personally makes sure the customer is taken care from start to finish. That always impresses me, when the CEO has such passion! They are there for your support after the fact too. I would give this company a FIVE STAR rating and would buy from them again any day.
Regards,
Craig

Quick Reply: 67 coupe 427/435 project car