Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

FS 1967 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 04:56 PM
ztheusa
Melting Slicks

Received 338 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by onevetteguy
On the front engine pad " stamping".. shouldn't the number one appear as a capitol I (in the date) instead of the number one? Imho this looks like a restamped car.

There is always an "expert" out there with his hands in his britches and wallowing around in his vast knowledge of Corvettes.

I love Corvettes, but the experts take the fun out of going to a show or rally. I NEVER do!
Old 11-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Buttonhead
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ztheusa
There is always an "expert" out there with his hands in his britches and wallowing around in his vast knowledge of Corvettes.

I love Corvettes, but the experts take the fun out of going to a show or rally. I NEVER do!
FYI the poster you quoted and disparaged is correct. These things matter to many of us. The pad stamp is incorrect.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:18 PM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,217 Likes on 2,301 Posts

Originally Posted by Buttonhead
FYI the poster you quoted and disparaged is correct. These things matter to many of us. The pad stamp is incorrect.
Take a look at other 67 stamps, they changed with the V for the Flint plant instead of F. The I's became 1's. The best thing to do is stay out of other people's for sale thread if you're not interested in buying. I sold a 66 with correct stamp for 300 hp powerglide and was accused of a restamp. The car was then a 4 speed, if I was going to restamp, I certainly wouldn't have used an incorrect one. This forum is absolutely the worst place to try to sell a legitimate car. Try usedcorvettesforsale.com. You'll get responses from people who are interested in buying, not criticizing.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Geralds57
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 596 Likes on 361 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2019 C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C1 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by 65GGvert
Take a look at other 67 stamps, they changed with the V for the Flint plant instead of F. The I's became 1's. The best thing to do is stay out of other people's for sale thread if you're not interested in buying. I sold a 66 with correct stamp for 300 hp powerglide and was accused of a restamp. The car was then a 4 speed, if I was going to restamp, I certainly wouldn't have used an incorrect one. This forum is absolutely the worst place to try to sell a legitimate car. Try usedcorvettesforsale.com. You'll get responses from people who are interested in buying, not criticizing.
We'll probably try one of the used web sites soon. I think some people are forgetting that this is not a body off restored car, but yet it still gets a Top Flight and Bloomington Gold award which is not easy without a body off restoration. Everything else has to be spot on for that to happen.

Last edited by Geralds57; 11-09-2010 at 07:49 PM.

Quick Reply: FS 1967 Corvette