Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

FS: ZZ4 Crate motor, never fired

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 06:46 AM
Dan H.
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Default FS: ZZ4 Crate motor, never fired

I posted this in the C3 forum which is were I usually hang out on here, but i thought some C2 folks may be interested as well.

Hey all,
I have a new, never fired ZZ4 for sale. I'm asking $2800. I purchased this from a fellow forum member locally. He had bought a half completed frame off project and dismantled it, selling off all the parts. This motor was mounted into a rolling frame prior to this dismantling. I have the chase motorsports receipt for the motor. Since owning this, I picked up a dart intake manifold and put that on with fel-pro gaskets and ARP hardware. Full disclosure, I did booger some of the very top threads in one of the intake mounting locations. There is still plenty of good thread below in this one spot. It just needs to be chased and a longer bolt, its not a big issue.

My original plan was to put this in a Chevelle that I have. It hadn't run in a long time and I thought this would be a fun transplant into that old car. Reason I am selling is I've entered into the addiction of HPDE track days. I picked up a Z06 earlier this year and after a trip to summit point and watkins glen I am completely hooked. I'd prefer to sell this and put some money into the Z06 for seats, mounts, harness bar, belts, and a trailer.

My new obsession

Old 07-10-2014, 01:37 PM
wesbright
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zz4

Originally Posted by Dan H.
I posted this in the C3 forum which is were I usually hang out on here, but i thought some C2 folks may be interested as well.

Hey all,
I have a new, never fired ZZ4 for sale. I'm asking $2800. I purchased this from a fellow forum member locally. He had bought a half completed frame off project and dismantled it, selling off all the parts. This motor was mounted into a rolling frame prior to this dismantling. I have the chase motorsports receipt for the motor. Since owning this, I picked up a dart intake manifold and put that on with fel-pro gaskets and ARP hardware. Full disclosure, I did booger some of the very top threads in one of the intake mounting locations. There is still plenty of good thread below in this one spot. It just needs to be chased and a longer bolt, its not a big issue.

My original plan was to put this in a Chevelle that I have. It hadn't run in a long time and I thought this would be a fun transplant into that old car. Reason I am selling is I've entered into the addiction of HPDE track days. I picked up a Z06 earlier this year and after a trip to summit point and watkins glen I am completely hooked. I'd prefer to sell this and put some money into the Z06 for seats, mounts, harness bar, belts, and a trailer.

My new obsession

Dan H.,

Is the motor still for sale, I would love to have that motor as i am in need of one to put in my 60 that does not have a matching numbers engine. I wish you were closer to my location. Do you know anything about the internals and who built the motor? in the mean time i will check on some various shipping costs.

Thanks,

Wes
Old 07-10-2014, 04:31 PM
Dan H.
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '17

Wes,
Please PM me your email address and I can send all the information you requested. The motor was purchased (not by me) through Pace Performance. It is a GMPP ZZ4.

I am a bit hesitant to ship something like this. I'll admit, I know nothing about how it works since its a bit different than dropping a fedex box. Not to mention who assumes risk if there is shipping damage and things like that.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:52 PM
Dan H.
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '17

Ttt

Get notified of new replies

To FS: ZZ4 Crate motor, never fired

Quick Reply: FS: ZZ4 Crate motor, never fired