Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

WTB rear differential date correct for March 65 car

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 07:11 PM
Texaspilot180
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Default WTB rear differential date correct for March 65 car

I've decided to pull the body off my 65 FI coupe for some additional work and want to replace the rear differential with a correct date code unit if I can. Build date for car is 3/10/65. Gear ratio needed is 3:08. I know its a long shot but thought I'd post and see if anyone has one they are willing to part with. The differential I pulled out is from a 66 and not correct for the cAr so time to try and find a more correct unit. Thanks.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:40 AM
Texaspilot180
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

The differential I removed from my 65 was working fine, but from a 66 car with the following numbers; 3876476-N AO (3:70 ratio) with date code 6 24 66. Drove with this rear since getting the car, no issues operationally other than the fact it has one HD axle with caps and one standard axle with U-clamps. When I had the rear cover off the gear set matches the AO code and there were no problems with the gears. If anyone has a 65 rear number 3818753 with AL (3:08 ratio) with a February or earlier date to sell, or would like to trade for this 66 rear let me know. Thanks
Old 04-19-2014, 07:29 AM
Texaspilot180
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Still looking for a rear differential for a March 10 build date 65. If anyone has just a rear housing with the correct part number and date I'll consider it and have it rebuilt. Will consider any with 3:08 gears ready to use regardless of date at a fair price to get the car back together while I keep searching for the correct one but if nothing surfaces will just have the 66 rear I already have rebuilt next week with a 3:08 gear to get the car back together and keep searching. So if you have a rear differential for a 65 or a housing, let me know. The local shop that promised me a rebuilt date and part number correct unit weeks (over a month or so now) hasn't come through, so time to move forward, I'm missing out driving my car! Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To WTB rear differential date correct for March 65 car

Quick Reply: WTB rear differential date correct for March 65 car