Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

Upgraded C2 Restomod Chassis with engine and trans

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 10:36 AM
65silververt
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 203 Posts
Default Upgraded C2 Restomod Chassis with engine and trans

1963 rolling chassis that has been completely restored and upgraded with 4 wheel disc brakes, sidepipes, 350 cubic inch 4 bolt main engine with TPI fuel injection system(details listed below), TH350 transmission, Borgesson Power Steering, offset trailing arms, stock fuel tank converted to EFI set up, autometer gauges, hydraboost braking system with 67 master cylinder, vintage air, autometer gauges, aftermarket radio, and painless wiring harness

MORE Pictures below description.

1. FRAME

The frame is from a 1963 split window Corvette that i purchased in January. I am doing a full restomod conversion with an SRIII chassis, so I don't need this very well executed upgraded stock chassis. The previous owner first had the frame professionally repaired at the rear lower sections from the mid way to the kickups(I HAVE photos showing the repairs so there will be no doubt that it was done correctly). He then added a removable transmission crossmember and gussets to the frame for structural support-63 and early 64 frames did not have the gussets that were used from Mid 1964-1967 Next, the frame was blasted and then primed and painted.

2. SUSPENSION

-Front: The front suspension has upgraded upper control arms, rebuilt lower control arms, 65 up disc brakes and spindles, grand touring springs, large 1-1/4 sway bar/anti-roll bar, and spax Krypton adjustable gas shocks.
-Rear: The rear suspension has Offset trailing arms, 65 up disc brakes, Transverse fiberglass rear spring, adjustable strut rods, and Spax Krypton adjustable dampers/shocks.

3. STEERING

-The steering kit is a borgesson unit. The cost of this kit alone is around $700.00 plus. Upgraded tie rod sleeves were also added to help with ease of adjustability.

4. BRAKES

-The chassis comes with a HydraTech hydraboost power brake system. This system costs $800.00 before a master cylinder is added or any lines purchased. The master cylinder is a new unit from a 1967 Corvette-needs paint as the cast iron has surface rust. As I stated in the suspension section, the chassis has been upgraded with 4 wheel disc brakes from a 65 Corvette. The calipers have stainless steel sleeves and all components look like new, minus the front calipers lacking paint. Flexible brake lines are braided stainless steel. The front to rear brake line is a 1/4" stainless line with armor; same one used on late 65-67 models.

5. ENGINE

-The engine is a 1970 350 4 bolt main Block that the previous owner of the car had rebuilt. The engine runs very well and has lots of power.
-Block: Casting number
-Cylinder heads: The cylinder heads are195cc Aluminum Canfield units with 2.055 intake valves and 1.60 exhaust valves. Cost: 1,329.00
-Cam: Hydraulic Roller Conversion Cam from Comp Cams part number 12-416-8
-The engine also has full roller rockers and hardened pushrods, and obviously roller lifters.
-The engine has a total of around 3200 miles according to the previous owner. I only drove the car about 100 miles max before pulling the body.
-HEI distributor and MSD 8mm plug wires
-March or similar pulleys

6. TPI Fuel Injection

-The Polished TPI system is from Street and Performance. The computer and wiring are included. I have 3 pages of receipts totaling around 3200.00 for this injection system. Also added to this system was a new set of Bosch 22lb fuel injectors. The GM injectors will also be included in the sale of the chassis.

7. FUEL SYSTEM

-The original style tank has been converted to an EFI tank with an internal fuel pump-work done by rock valley auto. The previous owner was planning on auto crossing the car, so he also installed an additional external pump just in case the internal pump ever failed. -6an braided stainless fuel line was used for the feed line and the original style line, which was upgraded to stainless, was used as the return for the system. The system uses a mallory fuel filter and the previous owner gave me two extra filters for the canister, a value of around $60.00

8. EXHAUST

-Hedman headers that were Ceramic Coated at a cost of $300.00
-The sidepipes are factory original units that have been fit with collectors to mount to the headers. They have some surface rust, but could be cleaned up, although they arent visible when the covers are installed.

9. TRANSMISSION

-The transmission is a TH350 unit. I do not know much about automatic transmissions. I was told it is a rebuilt unit that was originally out of a late sixties or early seventies Camaro. It shifts well and functions as it should. A high torque starter has been installed.

10. COOLING SYSTEM

-BE COOL aluminum Big Block sytle radiator with electrical cooling fan and integrated transmission cooler. The lines used for the transmission cooler are all braided stainless with an fittings. This radiator alone costs 1399.00. It comes with the big block support and all mounts.

11. VINTAGE AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM

-I am including the complete Vintage Air Conditioning system. All lines are run and the condenser is already mounted to the radiator. Total cost of this unit new was $1200.00.

12. GAUGES

-Stock gauge cluster that has been retrofitted with auto meter ultralite gauges. Wiper ****, wiper switch, headlamp door switch, and ignition switch NOT included.

13. PAINLESS WIRING HARNESS

- A painless harness was installed in the car and it is included. However, this is the one item I really did not like that the previous owner installed. It's a decent harness, but it is a bit of a mess. It has been integrated with new reproduction tail light harness and front lamp/horn harness. It's a bit of a birds nest and i would go back through the entire thing if i were going to use it.

14. KEN HARRISON RADIO

-An upgraded Ken Harrison radio that fits in the stock location is included with the chassis. It has an auxillary output for ipods/mp3 players etc.

15. Wheel and Tires

-The wheels are American Racing salt flat specials in chrome. The tires are Kumho brand and are in great shape. Wider wheels and tires could be used on the rear to take advantage of the offset trailing arms.

I'm sure i have left out some details, so please feel free to ask questions. All receipts and pictures of the restoration of the chassis will be included. I have a video of the engine running and will post it shortly. The battery was running low, so it does take a few seconds to crank over.

$20,000 OBO

Last edited by 65silververt; 06-19-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:00 AM
65silververt
Safety Car

Price reduced. I need to move this stuff...more cars are coming in.

$18,000 OBO It would cost well over this price to build this chassis.

Short estimate

good frame=5,000
frame reconditioning-blast and paint=1,000
offset trailing arms=1,500
disc brakes=500
suspension=1,500
engine=3,500
FI system and computer=3500
Transmission, starter, flywheel=1,000
pulleys, belts and alternator=500
Fuel lines and fittings=300
Fuel tank and EFI conversion=500
Wheels and tires=2000
gauges=800
hydraboost=800
master cylinder=150
borgesson power steering=800
power steering lines=150
rebuild rear end=800
brake hard line and braided flex lines=200
exhaust=500
plug wires and distributor=500
complete wiring harness with new rear lamp harness and headlamp harness=700
Vintage air=1200

TOTAL=$27,400 and that is if all of the parts just magically showed up at your door with free shipping and you didnt need to run items to an engine builder, machine shop, etc and so on or purchase any bolts or pay for the assembly of anything.

Cheers!

Last edited by 65silververt; 06-21-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:42 PM
ranger9812
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 26 Posts

I know who you bought the car from...you know you spend too much time looking at Corvette forums when you can recognize a car's chassis even without the car sitting on it anymore.

That's a pretty awesome deal! I'd be interested if I didn't already have an SRIII chassis for my 63 convertible project.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:18 PM
Zoomin
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 217 Likes on 160 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15, '19

Where are you located?
Old 07-08-2013, 01:02 PM
65silververt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Zoomin
Where are you located?
Sorry I missed this. I am in Central Alabama, just outside of Birmingham off I-65.

Lowering price once again.

15,000 takes it all. If i dont sell it this week, i am going to start parting it out.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Ken Sungela
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 647 Likes on 276 Posts

Do you know if the vintage air system is their latest Gen IV Surefit system? What's your price?
Thanks
Ken
Old 07-11-2013, 08:44 AM
65silververt
Safety Car

Ken, I will start breaking the parts down individually tonight. The AC system is the older style with the box on the firewall. The system was 1250.00 new. Ill probably ask around 900.00
Old 07-12-2013, 10:40 AM
DawgFace
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How different is the chassis from 63' to 64'? Coupe to convertible?
Old 07-12-2013, 01:54 PM
VetteJohn
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Default PM sent

65silververt,

PM sent.

John
Old 07-14-2013, 01:56 PM
MikeNKalibs6t7Coupe
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default parts

If you decide to part it I would be interested in the guages/cluster
Old 07-16-2013, 11:00 AM
65silververt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by DawgFace
How different is the chassis from 63' to 64'? Coupe to convertible?
Im not sure of any differences besides the gussets, which have been added to this frame, although my father's early 64 car did not have them either. Convertibles typically have one extra body mount location under the door on later models 65 and up, but this frame clearly already has the mount, so I assume all 63s, whether coupe or convertible, had the mounts under the doors. 63 to early 64 frames also have extra mounts located in front of the luggage compartment divider. If you did not want to use this mount, you could just leave it as is and it will not bother anything.

Last edited by 65silververt; 07-16-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:39 AM
65silververt
Safety Car

Sold

Get notified of new replies

To Upgraded C2 Restomod Chassis with engine and trans

Quick Reply: Upgraded C2 Restomod Chassis with engine and trans