Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

1959-1960 hardtop

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 02:22 PM
62corvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 663 Likes on 472 Posts

Default 1959-1960 hardtop

Absolutely perfect original, unmodified, undamaged hardtop with 10/59 dates in windows.
Windows have no crazing. Stainless has no dents, no dings except one slight indentation on the front header that I tried to show in the picture. Headliner is not coming unglued anywhere. Weatherstrip is still pliable and has no splits. Inside stainless end pieces are still in place.
This top would be covered inside the house during the summer, and on the car, covered, in the winter from 1963-1975. Previous owner bought the car in 1963, and parked it in 1975, and hardtop sat on the car, covered, in a windowless garage since.
It has the correct and original front short-handle latches. The silver paint is showing its age, but is the original silver lacquer. It has all clips, brackets, etc. There is a light scratch near the center mount that will easily come out, but I've not done anything to it. There is no cracking in the window where the rivets go through, like on many used tops.
I'd prefer not to ship this top because it is too nice to take a chance with. I would only ship it if you would pay for a professional place to crate and ship.
I've had C-1s since 1974, and haven't had a nicer hardtop.
$3400 or close.
You can buy cheaper ($2500), and then pay $4500 for complete restoration, or you can buy this one.
I'm in the Milwaukee, WI area, and about an hour from Chicago O-Hare.
Thanks ,

Quick Reply: 1959-1960 hardtop