Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

Dual quad setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 04:36 PM
wjbritt
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dual Carb Setup

Hello all -

I'm thinning out my parts in order to pay for the restoration expense of my 66. I have a dual carb setup that I think is for a Corvette, but would like help from some of the forum members who know about these setups making sure that I identify it correctly and provide any of the necessary serial numbers, etc. that a buyer would require

There is a post at my personal blog with large photos that will show some details -

http://my66vette.com/archives/92

I'm obviously looking to sell it so I'll consider any offers, but until it's correctly identified and I can research a fair price I can't even provide a starting point as far as what I'm looking to get for it.

Feel free to reply here so that anyone else can benefit from the information, as well as on the site. Thanks in advance.

*****Edit - I didn't inspect the carbs closely when I started this thread, but apparently they are dual SINGLE carbs, not dual 4 barrels as previously stated, so I've changed the title to reflect that. Sorry for my error, and thanks for the info!********

Last edited by wjbritt; 08-18-2011 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Additional info from helpful members
Old 08-18-2011, 07:55 PM
60fleetside
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Carbs

Hello I just looked at the setup you have for sale,niether of those carbs is a correct dual four carb,they both appear to be 1960-62 single carbs,not sure for what application without the numbers off the bowls and tops,
Old 08-18-2011, 07:56 PM
wjbritt
Advanced

Default Photos

I figured I'd put up a couple of photos here as well. More on the other site in higher resolution. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:02 PM
wjbritt
Advanced

Originally Posted by 60fleetside
Hello I just looked at the setup you have for sale,niether of those carbs is a correct dual four carb,they both appear to be 1960-62 single carbs,not sure for what application without the numbers off the bowls and tops,
Thanks very much for pointing out my error. Since they were physically about the same size as my 4 barrel I just assumed they were quads without inspecting them closely.

So does this setup look like something that is original to 1960-62 vettes? I can take whatever additional photos anyone requests in order to correctly identify them.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:17 AM
60fleetside
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Carbs

No,those carbs are single four carbs only,dual four carbs were different,What are the numbers on the right front of the bowls? and also the numbers on the rear corner of the tops,these will tell what they are.And how much are you asking?

Last edited by 60fleetside; 08-19-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:35 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,083 Likes on 4,737 Posts
Army

fleetside is correct -- its all about the numbers with these old WCFB carburetors ... some versions are one-year-only and these carbs were used on Buicks, Packards, etc..
Old 09-03-2011, 04:52 PM
RentedDreams
Heel & Toe

Default Carb ID

Hi,

I'm not sure if you are confused or if it is just your wording.

These carburetors are quads (4 barrel carb). What they are not are dual quads. As others have stated, these were originally used in a single quad setup.

Using the 6-1672 casting number shown on one of the air horns and the locations of the chokes, they appear to be 1963 -1965 carbs. You can narrow it down further by looking at the casting number on the main body. If it is 0-1451, it was available on a '63 327/250HP. If it is 0-1465, it was available on a '64-65 327/250HP.

Going price on ebay for carbs in this shape is $50

Get notified of new replies

To Dual quad setup

Quick Reply: Dual quad setup