Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

FS : 1967 L88 pump gas engine for 67 L88 replica

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 03:27 AM
elle88
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS : 1967 L88 pump gas engine for 67 L88 replica

Hi everybody

look at pics please.

usd 15.000 including shipment from Italy.

just 100 miles on the clock today

the true story of this engine is reported here with tons of pics, videos, thoughts , advises...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-t...-thread-3.html

the block is a 1967 3904351 dated B 23 7

the idea of this engine has been:
all vintage genuine GM L88 parts where reliability was not an issue:
so GM 6223 crank , floating pins 7/16" dimple dot rods, GM water pump,oil pan , damper, intake...
we went for aftermarket where stronger parts needed : GM new Alu heads large ports, ZL1 cam by comp cam , KB forged pistons, Manley pushrods, top grade ARP , important: crower lifters with oiling hole on tappet face to help lubricating the cam lobe ,etc.

the goal was to have a "more " streetable , very reliable for both street and road course ,L88 engine that could run on premium gas, but still able to run , sound like an L88 . watch , listen to these videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJo9yLYUiZg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2D7cABytzg

by proper selection of quench , reworked combustion chambers, choice of cam and dynamic compression ratio, carburetion, cool operation due to to proper timing (no vac advance like the L88 should be)... this engine runs on premium with 11:1 CR without any issue and stays unbelievably cool even under heavy load or hi outside temperature.

tons of infos on the related thread linked above

So , WHY I SELL IT ?????
-because in 3 months i put just 100 miles on it ( and I don't expect more than 20-30 weekly miles in my short but spirited rides)
-because my former intention to race this engine in my car in the vintage road course races seems a far thing now and a quieter , less powerful , more streetable roller cam 427 is probably what i need...
- because premium is usd 6-7 per gallon in Italy now and possibly need a less thirsty engine
-because my previous idea for this engine ( ence why i went for a 67 block) was to drop it in a 1967 coupe L88 replica like the one below. but due to weak euro vs usd , I see the possibility of making such a replica at reasonable costs far and far.

so if anyone is interested in making a 67 L88 replica that could be raced or used on the street , my engine is available. the pics of the replica below show that the engine is very similar to mine , with aftermarket GM alu heads. that beauty was sold on ebay for usd 60k.

I'm not in a hurry to sell my engine and actually I want still enjoy it for a while , after many months spent to make it. but i wanted to list it here because there could be someone on the forum wanting to make a nice 67 L88 replica and in need of a suitable engine.
i will include also a recently purchased 110gph mech fuel pump and L88 fuel lines that i will install next week.

needless to say this engine in my 69 vette , is a blast to drive : mainly intended for road course , it makes anyway 0-60 in 4.1 sec and 1/4 miles in about 12 sec

regards

Aldo

Last edited by elle88; 06-04-2010 at 04:24 AM.

Quick Reply: FS : 1967 L88 pump gas engine for 67 L88 replica