C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

A few shots of my low side bar

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 09:10 PM
norvalwilhelm
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default A few shots of my low side bar

I wanted to make a link between the swing arm pocket in the frame and the rest of the cage.
I used 3 inch x 1/4 inch flat stock, cut a slot in the metal firewall behind the seat and place the flat stock just above the through bolt for the swingarm and welded it up solid. I then glassed in the mount.

This is a shot from under the fender. Because everything is gloss black it doesn't show up very well. It is right above the through bolt, it is 3 inches wide and goes all the way out to the swing arm pocket. This also shows the modified pocket for wider tire clearance. At the top is the roll bar mounting bad, also the coil over mount is almost directly below this mount.

This is the side bar, it is low so entering the car is not a problem. It ends at the stud in the floor for the down tube which is extra heavy and has another bar through the firewall. It is also adjustable for length to pretension it slightly if I choose.

This is another shot of the side bar. It offers maximum leg room, clears the seat fine and is about 1/8th off the door panel when the door is properly closed. I don't want to intrude on interior space.

The upper or high bar is almost finished and I will weld it in tomorrow. It will swing out for easy access.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:39 PM
Brutus
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking great as always Norval.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:18 AM
norvalwilhelm
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Brutus
Looking great as always Norval.
Good to see you are still alive and on the forum Brutus. I don't run into you often. Your 6 link is pictured in a post on the C3 forum on 6 links.
Take care.

Get notified of new replies

To A few shots of my low side bar

Quick Reply: A few shots of my low side bar