C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Old GM Part Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 11:34 PM
jron
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old GM Part Numbers

Does anyone out there know of a place where I can reference old Corvette GM part numbers that will tell me all of the applications that the part will fit. Such as, 62 Corvette rear license lamp assembly was the same as a 60 model chevy passenger car. I tried Hollanders but could not find books with applications that old. One of the items I'm looking for is the brake & clutch pedals & support assembly for the C1's (58-62). Any & all guidance will be appreciated!!!
Old 08-11-2003, 03:29 AM
midyearguy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Old GM Part Numbers (jron)

Is this what you are looking for?
http://www.holland-enterprises.net/1954-1966.html
Old 08-11-2003, 10:56 AM
TheOman
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Old GM Part Numbers (jron)

Get an old parts book. I have reverse engineered a lot of modifications using the parts book. Ya gotta know what the correct number is and sometimes you have to skim and scan forever to find the number. However once you do find it the books will list everyplace the part was used. Beware the books can be wrong: been bitten once or twice but generally they are correct.

Hollander is another source. Junkyard cross reference capability done more by application versus part Number. "If I need XYZ where can I find it" is more what hollander is for. GM parts books get ya to the same answers but using a slightly different path.

Get notified of new replies

To Old GM Part Numbers

Quick Reply: Old GM Part Numbers