C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C2] Vintage air Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2024, 10:22 AM
Chalie M
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 423 Likes on 289 Posts

Default Vintage air Install

I didn’t write this article (wish I had), but I’m always looking for information (I’m still considering cutting off the unused mounting ears on the a/c compressor:-) on upcoming projects I have in mind, soooo I thought I would share this with the Forum, Much Props to the original owner of all this information…..

http://www.dasplace.net/Corvette/Vin...ntage_Air.html

Chalie
The following users liked this post:
rgsGarage (04-17-2024)
Old 04-17-2024, 11:03 AM
Tampa Jerry
Le Mans Master

Received 1,335 Likes on 967 Posts

I installed my VA system years ago. I removed one of the ears to clear my valve cover. You can buy a back cover that has no ears in it. Good luck on your install if not already done. Jerry
Old 04-17-2024, 12:02 PM
Chalie M
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 423 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by Tampa Jerry
I installed my VA system years ago. I removed one of the ears to clear my valve cover. You can buy a back cover that has no ears in it. Good luck on your install if not already done. Jerry
Thanks for that info Jerry, never thought about that..

I’m still approx. a year away, this V/A upgrade is going to coincide with another up grade while Im in there, soooo you know how that goes..
(currently got rear suspension all apart & Gary/GTR is restoring upgrading the rear diff:-), did find the v/a mounting brackets on e-bay & sent them out to get chromed,I was thinking on going with the polished compressor option.

Chalie

Get notified of new replies

To Vintage air Install

Quick Reply: [C2] Vintage air Install