C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Need recommendations for Aluminum heads for 427

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2023, 05:51 AM
Factoid
Le Mans Master

Received 5,642 Likes on 2,836 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Modified

Not to contribute to “while you’re in there syndrome” although we are good at spending other people’s money, are you also upgrading the cam? Most aftermarket heads flow significantly better than stock and require a cam with more duration/lift for better airflow.
Old 10-22-2023, 07:06 AM
vettefred
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 252 Likes on 157 Posts

Thanks for the input Mark....I upgraded with a Lunati cam in conjunction with Rhoads lifters two years ago. Big improvement in performance. I will use CJ's suggestion regarding heads and intake. Gotta line up some help in yanking off the old intake and heads. At 73 and with back issues it is not like the old days on the driveway in Carmel, NY pulling stuff apart. Love your C2s. - Fred
Old 10-22-2023, 07:16 AM
vettefred
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 252 Likes on 157 Posts

Hey CJ, Thanks for the header info.....I had heard that McJacks were a really good choice for the C2. They are spendy but if they fit without any hassles and look great then they will be my choice also. The dipstick on my engine is from a Ford truck ( LOL - Ford part number on it. ) It came to me that way and is accurate and sticks just slightly above the exhaust manifold. It works so why change it.....
Your car really looks sharp and I bet it is a rocket. BTW, I recently moved to FL from VA. to be closer to our kids and 5 grandchildren. It was a good move. Take care of that beautiful C2. - Fred
The following users liked this post:
C2Scho (10-22-2023)
Old 10-22-2023, 09:21 PM
Mike C#2
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by vettefred
Thanks for your information Mike. What are you using for an intake manifold? Edelbrock? BrodIx? I like the Brodix heads at the moment. I will definitely look into the Edelbrock heads also.
I am running an Edelbrock Performer RPM. The traditional non air gap variety.

Quick Reply: Need recommendations for Aluminum heads for 427