C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C1] 57 WINDSHIELD WASHER Foot Pump Location

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2023, 06:37 PM
Corkguy
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Default 57 WINDSHIELD WASHER Foot Pump Location

Does anyone have a picture either under dash or engine compartment showing the mounting location for the 57-windshield washer foot pump? I understand automatics and manuals were mounted in different locations. I think my car may have been an automatic which puts the foot pump location under the clutch pedal which doesn't work for me.

The assembly manual drawing is useless for locating the pump.

Thanks,
Old 07-17-2023, 05:18 AM
DAN70
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 256 Likes on 176 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2017 C1 of Year Finalist

I don’t know what’s correct for your ‘57 but I have a clutch in my ‘54 so I placed the foot pump to the left of the emergency brake handle.

DAN
Old 07-17-2023, 09:10 AM
Todd H.
Drifting

Received 424 Likes on 250 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared))
2019 C1 of Year Finalist (track prepared)

If you get a NCRS Technical Information and Judging Guide 6th Edition there is a marginal picture of the location of the pump for manual transmission cars on page 9. My '57 does not have the washer system, but my original firewall insulation appears to show pattern hole locations for the pump. But the location in the JG seems to be more in the location of the rubber grommet that is binding the insulation to the firewall:

Old 07-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Corkguy
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd H.
If you get a NCRS Technical Information and Judging Guide 6th Edition there is a marginal picture of the location of the pump for manual transmission cars on page 9. My '57 does not have the washer system, but my original firewall insulation appears to show pattern hole locations for the pump. But the location in the JG seems to be more in the location of the rubber grommet that is binding the insulation to the firewall:
Thank you, this is very interesting picture it looks like it shows both the Automatic and Manual locations.

Get notified of new replies

To 57 WINDSHIELD WASHER Foot Pump Location

Quick Reply: [C1] 57 WINDSHIELD WASHER Foot Pump Location