C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Recent parts vendor acquisitions

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2023, 02:22 PM
BWT
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Best of luck to David Walker. He has built one of the finest business models in the industry. If he says he will remain active, that is great.
Old 01-03-2023, 02:28 PM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 330 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by BWT
Best of luck to David Walker. He has built one of the finest business models in the industry. If he says he will remain active, that is great.
He is still here and present.
The following users liked this post:
SJW (01-03-2023)
Old 01-06-2023, 04:32 PM
Top Flight Automotive
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 93 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Panama 58
I can't help but notice the recent parts vendor acquisitions and what it may mean for our hobby. It started with Long Island Corvette. That was like a spear in the heart to those of us that depended on their quality, knowledge and deep commitment to the hobby for years. Zip acquired them and that acquisition has in my eyes elevated their contribution to the Corvette hobby significantly. Now I hear that Zip is being acquired, Paragon was bought out as well as Corvette Central and Corvette Mods. Probably others that we haven't heard about yet.

I haven't confirmed a lot of these rumors and am wondering if you guys know who has and who hasn't been bought out by one of the larger classic car parts conglomerates and what do you think we should expect from these new owners in relation to quality, pricing, customer service knowledge? Some of my observations over the last few years has been inaccurate information within the product details descriptions such as wrong model year application, poor fitment and finish and parts missing or wrong parts shipped. Thoughts?
Thank you for your question! Top Flight Automotive was founded in 1977 as Corvette America. We have been supplying the Corvette industry for nearly 50 years and are the Global leader and number one source for Corvette parts, interiors, and accessories and has earned its reputation for excellent service and quality parts. If you have bought Corvette parts from Central, Zip, RPI, Ecklers or even your local restoration shop, you were more than likely buying products manufactured by Corvette America.

Recently, we acquired the assets of Corvette Mods and, on January 4th, formally merged their product catalog onto our website. Corvette Mods offered a large selection of great products and there are literally thousands of customers who had a great purchasing experience. But there's no question the experience some customers had with Corvette Mods prior ownership led to understandable anger. Because of this, the entire Corvette Mods business is being integrated into our headquarters in Reedsville, Pennsylvania to improve customer service, in-stock inventory, and quality.

We have the largest C1 to C8 Corvette product portfolio on the planet and we look forward to serving your needs in the years ahead.

Respectfully,
Top Flight Automotive
Old 01-06-2023, 10:07 PM
GCD1962
Race Director

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
While at Corvettes at Carlisle this year I was speaking to the former owner of Paragon and a Legendary person in charge of Corvette Central and asked that very same question. his response was at this time they have no plains on merging but keeping things just the way, they are now
You should have asked then "Why" ? Makes zero sense to run three separate operations all selling the same products.
Old 01-07-2023, 09:45 AM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 7,016 Likes on 4,820 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by GCD1962
You should have asked then "Why" ? Makes zero sense to run three separate operations all selling the same products.
if I was to guess, is they know a lot of people a very loyal to a business
Old 01-07-2023, 11:06 AM
ptjsk
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,964 Likes on 892 Posts

Originally Posted by 65hihp
Thank you for that Mr. Abbott... Best laugh I've had this year.

"think you can send your filthy catalog to our state? Think again pal".
Yep...I have to live under the rules set forth by this Dictator......The face of the individual responsible for the continual decay in the once incredible State of California.

Pat

Quick Reply: Recent parts vendor acquisitions