C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

LOKAR Classic Fuelie Intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2022, 04:00 AM
Old Vet
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default LOKAR Classic Fuelie Intake

OK so I picked up a 2015 Camaro SS with LS3 & Manual transmission for my 1962 Restomod Build and was wondering who might be running the Lokar Classic Fuelie Intake? Looking to learn from their install process air cleaner etc etc

thanks in advance
Old 05-03-2022, 04:56 PM
adamsocb
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Vet
OK so I picked up a 2015 Camaro SS with LS3 & Manual transmission for my 1962 Restomod Build and was wondering who might be running the Lokar Classic Fuelie Intake? Looking to learn from their install process air cleaner etc etc

thanks in advance
Hi Tim,
I am considering a LS Classic FI intake for my 56/57 restomod. The casting is slightly different, but the function is the same as the 62.
For an LS ECU, you either need to have a 4" diameter straight tube, minimum 6" long, between the air filter and throttle body for the MAF and locate the MAF minimum 10" from the TB; or run without a MAF, which requires the more difficult Speed Density tuning. Note: it may be possible to reduce this distance with a stock LS laminar flow MAF screen, although I have not confirmed.

If I decide to so an LS Classic FI, I will likely build a cold air intake something like the 57 "airbox" cars. Then I can put the straight tube between the TB and fender airbox with the air filter hidden in the airbox.

You might find these threads interesting:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...n-for-ls3.html

This one is on a C2:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...manifolds.html

Charles

Quick Reply: LOKAR Classic Fuelie Intake