C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Questions on installing C3 disc brakes and suspension into a C2

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2022, 12:00 AM
82Vette'ster
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I started this past weekend on digging in a little. There's a photo of the C3 diff and the 6 leaf spring. Can anyone ID the trans from the photo? It has a stamping of P0626 along the left edge. The case appears to be aluminum.

Old 04-19-2022, 03:24 AM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,007 Posts

For the spring, it is subjective, but the important picture would be how the spring ends hang, not the stack and unbolted. The 9 leafs have a heck of an arc, the 7 leaf less, and the 5 leafs are near straight across, flat. I have seen all kinds of stuff over the years. I actually run a standard 7 leaf with modified bottom leaf, but with an additonal Guldstrand shortened Bottom leaf in the stack, so 8 leafs.

The case might lead to figuring out what it was out of, I am not a tranny number guy, as more interested in the build, shaft diameter, and gears, condition, whether the teeth have wear, are looking kind of thin.

As that spring might be one of the heavy ones, go to the front and push the front up and down and tell us how much those front ones bounce.

Quick Reply: Questions on installing C3 disc brakes and suspension into a C2