C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Upper AC vent

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2022, 06:04 PM
L36 rag
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Upper AC vent

My '67 was an original AC car...Somewhere along the line the complete original AC unit was removed and a Vintage Air unit installed...Two of the hoses go to the outer under dash ductwork supplied with the kit...The other two hoses were just tucked loosely above the radio...My car still has the center dash vent and bezel in place, just nothing behind it...So my first question is,

If I had part # 452117 in this picture, Could I just connect other hoses from the VA kit (the ones just laying loosely on the radio) to the original AC upper dash ductwork and call it a day or am I missing something?

If the answer to question # 1 is yes, My next question is, Anybody have one?

Thanks,
Mike

​​​​​​​
Old 03-06-2022, 06:41 PM
rufcar
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

I recently had my 66ac ducts out to get my speaker out plus I did a vintage air on my ex 70 chevelle. That said. Vintage air always supplies everything so I'd go with them first. 2nd for some strange reason ,which I doubt, there are several used parts suppliers to get that part though I'm not sure of it will be a direct fit or if you'd need hose adapters.

UOTE=L36 rag;1604828858]My '67 was an original AC car...Somewhere along the line the complete original AC unit was removed and a Vintage Air unit installed...Two of the hoses go to the outer under dash ductwork supplied with the kit...The other two hoses were just tucked loosely above the radio...My car still has the center dash vent and bezel in place, just nothing behind it...So my first question is,

If I had part # 452117 in this picture, Could I just connect other hoses from the VA kit (the ones just laying loosely on the radio) to the original AC upper dash ductwork and call it a day or am I missing something?

If the answer to question # 1 is yes, My next question is, Anybody have one?

Thanks,
Mike

[/QUOTE]
Old 03-06-2022, 06:41 PM
leif.anderson93
Le Mans Master

Received 3,136 Likes on 1,879 Posts

Yes, that should work. Do you have a copy of the AIM for your '67? UPC C60, A3 shows that area of the dash and the hose locations. That's going to be a tough part to locate. I would call David Sokolowski in California (310-329-5334). If anyone would have it, David would.
Old 03-06-2022, 06:43 PM
rufcar
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

I recently had my 66ac ducts out to get my speaker out plus I did a vintage air on my ex 70 chevelle. That said. Vintage air always supplies everything so I'd go with them first. 2nd for some strange reason ,which I doubt, there are several used parts suppliers to get that part though I'm not sure of it will be a direct fit or if you'd need hose adapters

Get notified of new replies

To Upper AC vent

Quick Reply: Upper AC vent