C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C2] Good Hotel for NCRS Regional Lakeland FL

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2022, 11:44 AM
SolarVet
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Good Hotel for NCRS Regional Lakeland FL

Starting to make travel plans to attend the NCRS Regional in Lakeland FL. There are a number of hotels associated with the event listed, but was hoping to hear from folks who had attended this event before.

Any good choices close to event ? A nice buffet breakfast is always a plus!

Thank you - Hunter
Old 01-31-2022, 12:10 PM
mikelj
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,391 Likes on 683 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2015 C3 of the Year Finalist

Hampton Inn is my choice. Garden Inn is good too. All are a long drive to the event, which is the worst part about it.
Old 01-31-2022, 12:36 PM
65hihp
Le Mans Master

Received 3,290 Likes on 1,694 Posts

Hilton Garden Inn has the breakfast buffet, but I wouldn't call it "good". More like tolerable. The Hampton Inn Lakeland has the better food options nearby for dinner.
The FLA Winter Regional isn't known for its cuisine.
Old 01-31-2022, 01:13 PM
63silver
Racer

Received 178 Likes on 70 Posts

I am from canada and staying in South Florida while this is on and am thinking of going up for a day or so to look around. My question is what do I need to be a sectator? I am a member of NCRS Canada Chapter this year. Am I right to understand there is a car corral close by
Old 02-01-2022, 01:41 PM
SolarVet
Racer

Thank you for the suggestions so far. Anyone else?
Old 02-01-2022, 01:50 PM
SolarVet
Racer

I would contact the event chairman. His contact info (taken from The Driveline) is John Buchheister with an email at: jpb2@qis.net
Old 02-01-2022, 06:48 PM
ricks327
Race Director

Received 1,613 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by 65hihp
Hilton Garden Inn has the breakfast buffet, but I wouldn't call it "good". More like tolerable. The Hampton Inn Lakeland has the better food options nearby for dinner.
The FLA Winter Regional isn't known for its cuisine.
Years ago, while in Lakeland for Tiger's spring training game, a local friend took us to a great downtown Lakeland Italian place. It was near some railroad tracks. On second thought, after looking a Google map, it might have been Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille at E. Main and Kentucky.
Old 02-01-2022, 10:32 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,336 Posts

I've stayed at the Comfort Inn at I-4 and 98 in Lakeland, the Comfort Inn at I-4 & N Park Rd in Plant City, and the Holiday Inn Express also at I-4 in Plant City.

The Comfort Inn on 98 in Lakeland is pretty nice (4+ star rating), and has a number of restaurants nearby. Of the 2 hotels in Plant City, the Holiday Inn is the nicer one, but there's nothing wrong with the Comfort Inn either. Be aware that the only restaurants near the Plant City hotels are fast food, like an Arby's, Burger King and Denny's. The Plant City hotels are about a 15 minute ride to Sun 'n Fun, the Lakeland Comfort Inn is 17-20 minutes.

Originally Posted by ricks327
Years ago, while in Lakeland for Tiger's spring training game, a local friend took us to a great downtown Lakeland Italian place. It was near some railroad tracks. On second thought, after looking a Google map, it might have been Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille at E. Main and Kentucky.
Harry's in downtown Lakeland is pretty good, if you don't mind being hassled for hand outs, walking to and from the restaurant (this seems to be a problem throughout the Lakeland area, or at least it was in the past). We always make a point to eat at Harry's when we're in Lakeland. Harry's is a Florida chain, with 4 other locations.

A fun restaurant for car people to check out is Ford's Garage in the Lakeland Park Center, off 98 and I-4, across from the Lakeland Comfort Inn. Ford's Garages are a chain of restaurants based in Florida, that are decorated with 20's and 30's Fords and Ford parts. They usually feature 2 or 3 Model A or T Ford's hanging from the ceiling, Model T & A 4 cylinder and flathead V8 engines on display stands, benches with Ford pick up tailgates for back rests, and even old Ford flatbed trucks for stages.
The following users liked this post:
54vetteguy (02-02-2022)
Old 02-02-2022, 10:54 AM
jjtoma
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Harrys

Originally Posted by ricks327
Harry's is a great place. New Orleans style cooking. (yum yummy)
:-)

Get notified of new replies

To Good Hotel for NCRS Regional Lakeland FL

Quick Reply: [C2] Good Hotel for NCRS Regional Lakeland FL