C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

62 corvette hood not opening passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2020, 08:40 PM
apollo18
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 62 corvette hood not opening passenger side

hello for my 62 corvette the hood doesnt want to open anymore. when i pull the hood release, i can get the driver side to open but the paseenger side stayed put. i tried pushing the hood in while pulling the hood release or shaking the hood etc but no go. right now when the hood release is pulled, the passenger side of the hood is still closed however the driver side portion is open. i tried to slide my hands from the driver side to pull up but theres not that much space and i dont think it will work by prying at it.

any clues how to get it open? i heard people go underneath but theres not much space down there epsecialyl with the batteyr in the way and also the splash guards are still on

thanks
Old 05-07-2020, 10:52 PM
Aflyer
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

I can't remember exactly how much room is available around the passenger side hood latch.
But you are probably going to have to get under the car to reach up and release the latch.
Access to a lift could be real helpful for you. Other wise jack it up get some jack stands under it, then see what you can do to get at the latch and release it.
Aflyer
Old 05-08-2020, 08:28 AM
Dreaming60’s
Drifting

Received 421 Likes on 247 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Run additional piano wire pulls on each side through existing holes in the firewall......in case this happens in the future. If the wire to the drivers side would have broken, both side would have stay shut as the passenger side piggy backs off the driver pivot. Good insurance going forward and super simple and given to me by a 62 C-1 friend.

Get notified of new replies

To 62 corvette hood not opening passenger side

Quick Reply: 62 corvette hood not opening passenger side