C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

speaker/radio - sound system

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 06:55 PM
1966sting
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
Default speaker/radio - sound system

i know there are several options to change out the radio to a better radio that is bluetooth and looks stock.

My question is, is there a bluetooth speaker that can go in the back of the car that can be operated via my phone for music and never touch the stock radio and speaker. i have found sound bars to do what i am looking for but the need to operate. i am looking for a stand alone auto speaker that is bluetooth.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:15 PM
Gettysburg
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=1966sting;1596025362]i know there are several options to change out the radio to a better radio that is bluetooth and looks stock

What you want, I believe, is the Bose Soundlink Mini II Bluetooth Speaker. Use the music files on your phone, or internet radio apps.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:36 PM
skids
Drifting

Received 153 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by 1966sting
i know there are several options to change out the radio to a better radio that is bluetooth and looks stock.

My question is, is there a bluetooth speaker that can go in the back of the car that can be operated via my phone for music and never touch the stock radio and speaker. i have found sound bars to do what i am looking for but the need to operate. i am looking for a stand alone auto speaker that is bluetooth.
I would check out www.Crutchfield.com
I think they will be able to help.

Last edited by skids; 11-22-2017 at 08:37 PM.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:17 PM
Twan Sloot
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 91 Posts

I replaced my old radio speaker with a factory correct modern speaker which performs better than the original one. Then purchased the device below. You can send music via bluetooth to the device and it converts it to an FM signal for your original radio to pick up. Really works great and no messin with the original radio.

Of course it won't be top quality sound but just fine and it adds to driving a classic

https://m.banggood.com/BC06-Car-Blue...-p-991733.html

Got my speaker here
http://www.turnswitch.com/speakers.htm

And to answer your original question, I really like this speaker fully independed, has bluetooth plus great battery life:
https://www.cnet.com/products/bose-s...h-speaker-iii/

Last edited by Twan Sloot; 11-22-2017 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-23-2017, 07:35 AM
USMC 0802
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 959 Likes on 490 Posts
USMC

I use a JBL “Flip 3” Bluetooth on my dash and it sounds great. Even with the top down and cruising at 80mph I can hear it. Battery lasts an honest 8 hours.

Not a great pic of the speaker, but you get the idea:

Mine is set in place over the stock speaker with (2) foam L-shaped holders we made, held down with double sided tape. The location allows the sound to bounce off the windshield and back. Mounting in the back, you could use Velcro and an even larger unit.

Let me know if you want and I can take another pic or two (raining here today)
Old 11-23-2017, 07:41 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,084 Likes on 4,737 Posts
Army

[QUOTE=Gettysburg;1596025486]
Originally Posted by 1966sting
i know there are several options to change out the radio to a better radio that is bluetooth and looks stock

What you want, I believe, is the Bose Soundlink Mini II Bluetooth Speaker. Use the music files on your phone, or internet radio apps.
That works great in any position...
Attached Images  

Get notified of new replies

To speaker/radio - sound system

Quick Reply: speaker/radio - sound system