C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Foreign distributors division

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 08:52 PM
hottrod66
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foreign distributors division

I have a 66 roadster, I sent away to NCRS for the selling dealership info, hoping to track the history and prove that it is an original 427 4 speed car. I got a letter back stating that the selling dealer was the foreign distributors division MI with no other info. I'm assuming this means that the car was destined for a dealership in a foreign country? Does anyone have any info on this? As far as I can tell this car spent the last 30-40 years in New England.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:57 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,980 Likes on 4,800 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

does the car have any odd tags riveted anywhere. most exported cars not to Canada got shipped to antripwen (SP) and in such got a GM tag
Old 10-31-2017, 11:53 PM
Boyan
Drifting

Received 466 Likes on 294 Posts

Default 66

Check the right front framerail top near fuel pump for VIN stamping. Swiss delivery cars got that along with metal tag in fenderwell. It wont tell you if its a big block though.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:48 PM
hottrod66
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
does the car have any odd tags riveted anywhere. most exported cars not to Canada got shipped to antripwen (SP) and in such got a GM tag
I haven't seen any but i will look closer, thank you.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:50 PM
hottrod66
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Boyan
Check the right front framerail top near fuel pump for VIN stamping. Swiss delivery cars got that along with metal tag in fenderwell. It wont tell you if its a big block though.
I will check, thank you
Old 11-01-2017, 06:32 PM
chrisdev
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got back the same answer when I sent in for information on my 1966. From what I've read on this site and NCRS, foreign distributors does not necessarily mean it was delivered overseas but it was ordered overseas. It could have been ordered for delivery to the customers hometown.
It was said to be a common way for a serviceman to order a new car to be available when they got home.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:41 PM
hottrod66
5th Gear

Originally Posted by chrisdev
I got back the same answer when I sent in for information on my 1966. From what I've read on this site and NCRS, foreign distributors does not necessarily mean it was delivered overseas but it was ordered overseas. It could have been ordered for delivery to the customers hometown.
It was said to be a common way for a serviceman to order a new car to be available when they got home.
Thanks for the reply, sounds like i may never get to the bottom of it.

Get notified of new replies

To Foreign distributors division

Quick Reply: Foreign distributors division