C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Car show crash

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 07:43 AM
TPIC427
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Car show crash

results of a post car show burn out-Poor guy in the pick up was leaving the show minding his own business
Attached Files
File Type: html
smashed truck.html (493.1 KB, 723 views)
Old 09-29-2017, 08:15 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,084 Likes on 4,737 Posts
Army

Seems there is always some attention-grabbing @hole that will drive beyond his skill set and endanger people. Wow...I bet everybody is impressed with him now...
Old 09-29-2017, 08:36 AM
DZAUTO
Race Director

Received 3,773 Likes on 1,674 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2015 C1 of the Year Finalist

What I have NEVER understood is why the victim NEVER gets out of his (or her) car and goes over and beats the ever loving dog poop out of the person who caused the wreck!!! I've done it, and I felt a whole lot better after. Sometimes that is the ONLY justice you can get.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:38 AM
FINWOLF
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 106 Posts

cant open file but i'm guessing it is not good what ever happened
Old 09-29-2017, 09:03 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Army

Originally Posted by DZAUTO
What I have NEVER understood is why the victim NEVER gets out of his (or her) car and goes over and beats the ever loving dog poop out of the person who caused the wreck!!! I've done it, and I felt a whole lot better after. Sometimes that is the ONLY justice you can get.
Ever been sued ?

You'll suddenly find out your beat down was recorded on cell phones and posted worldwide and that your poor victim was having a medical episode or was taking doctor-prescribed medication that caused an accident. He has three kids, one with a mental disorder for which he provides sole support... Then it will come up that said aggressor (you're no longer the victim at this point) has posted pictures of his firearm multiple times on various websites and has a 'proclivity towards violence'.

The injuries sustained by the victim have affected his 'quality of life' and ability to work and caused lasting mental anxiety.

$80,000-$150,00 later (if you're lucky) - maybe you'll wish you'd restrained yourself...

Nobody here thinks more of your skills and advice more than me....but its the times we live in Tom

Last edited by Frankie the Fink; 09-29-2017 at 09:15 AM.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:10 AM
Duck916
Team Owner

Location: Various places in California. Not currently aflame.
Received 638 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
Ever been sued ?

You'll suddenly find out your beat down was recorded on cell phones and posted worldwide and that your poor victim was having a medical episode or was taking doctor-prescribed medication that caused an accident. He has three kids, one with a mental disorder for which he provides sole support... Then it will come up that said aggressor has posted pictures of his firearm multiple times on various websites and has a 'proclivity towards violence'.

The injuries sustained by the victim have affected his 'quality of life' and ability to work and caused lasting mental anxiety.

$80,000-$150,00 later (if you're lucky) - maybe you'll wish you'd restrained yourself...

Nobody here thinks more of your skills and advice more than me....but its the times we live in Tom

Good advice.

Lesson 1--Don't drive beyond your skill level, and even then leave some in reserve.

Lesson 2--Don't resort to violence except to protect yourself or others from imminent peril.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:12 AM
dmaxx3500
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,183 Likes on 748 Posts

can you post the pick so I don't need to load it into my computer
Old 09-29-2017, 09:14 AM
Robert61
Safety Car

Received 1,536 Likes on 1,067 Posts

Mr computer guru extraordinaire, FTF. Why can't some of us see the attached file? And in our area nowadays they just shoot from the other car!
Old 09-29-2017, 09:18 AM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,921 Likes on 1,334 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
Ever been sued ?

You'll suddenly find out your beat down was recorded on cell phones and posted worldwide and that your poor victim was having a medical episode or was taking doctor-prescribed medication that caused an accident. He has three kids, one with a mental disorder for which he provides sole support... Then it will come up that said aggressor has posted pictures of his firearm multiple times on various websites and has a 'proclivity towards violence'.

This.

Like it or not, this is the way it is.

I am aware of one distant relative that actually created his family estate by being the guy that got punched out - not kidding. He would target someone hot-tempered with assets and set up a scenario where he inflamed the person, then insult them beyond that person's ability to restrain themselves.

Word is that he got big payoffs. He died young and with a screwed up family (imagine that) but he damaged a lot of other people's family estates by doing what he did.

In the days of self phone cameras and security cameras in public places, better restrain your self - even if the idiot needs a good punch in the face.

A possession is not worth going in the crapper for.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:35 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Army

Originally Posted by Robert61
Mr computer guru extraordinaire, FTF. Why can't some of us see the attached file? And in our area nowadays they just shoot from the other car!
The OP posted the link as an HTML "file" that gets stored locally (not a web site link) and then opened - that can fail due to permissions or default file handling apps.

Someone can find it and post a true link I'm sure - I don't do TwitterFace or InstSnap or any of that...
Attached Images  

Last edited by Frankie the Fink; 09-29-2017 at 09:39 AM.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:53 AM
Pop Chevy
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 797 Likes on 544 Posts
2021 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Tom, I totally agree with you . BUT, in this God forsaken day and age it would just lead to a lawsuit. I'm sure if it happened to you or I ,we would have to be restrained !
Old 09-29-2017, 10:46 AM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 561 Likes on 349 Posts

We had an A-Hole come to our weekly Saturday night Cruise-Ins at Wendy's in Crystal River. There can be 130---150 cars there. The guy drove a 340 Duster.

He continually did burn outs... both in the parking lot, and out on Rt. 19 when he left.

It's CLEARLY posted... NO BURNOUTS.... NO ALCOHOL...

Officers in the club talked to him. Not to stereotype people, but he was an obnoxious New Yorker.. Gave everyone a raft of crap, saying that the parking lot for the shopping center was private property, and he could do what he wanted....

One Saturday night, folks called the local Crystal River PD. They were waiting for him.

Did a burnout in the parking lot.... then lit the tires for 50 yards going down Rt. 19. The PD pulled him over in the Sonic Drive-In down the street.

Got him for reckless driving, disturbing the peace, speeding.... and maybe a few more citations. Other cruise attendees in the Wendy's lot were applauding.

He came back about 9 months later... and got into an argument with a club member... stating the the guy had parked in HIS parking place. NOBODY has assigned parking spaces. He pulled back his shirt, and brandished a handgun. It was all captured on cell phone video. Not sure when the court date is... but they went to his house and confiscated his firearms.

Some people won't learn... Hope he goes away for good, as nobody needs an A Hole like this guy around.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:02 AM
MidShark
Melting Slicks

Received 279 Likes on 146 Posts

Tom, maybe the fact the guy had 2 broken ribs played a part in holding him back. A few years back I had a couple of fractured ribs from a fall, and I couldn't even make it into our van to go to the hospital let alone put a beatin' on somebody.

Originally Posted by Duck916
:iagree

Lesson 2--Don't resort to violence except to protect yourself or others from imminent peril.
So he should have been beaten before the burnout.

Rich
Old 09-29-2017, 12:16 PM
rayvaflav
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 985 Likes on 492 Posts

This same thing happened at a Cars & Coffee event in Oklahoma City last year (there is a video on YouTube) where the guy in a 2nd gen Camaro did a burnout in the street as he was leaving and it went sideways on him. He corrected it and mashed the gas again causing him to cross the center line and into a mini-van with a parent and a kid in it, this van had no link to the car show. I enjoy these shows but I am starting to enjoy them more with heavy police presence.

Ray
Old 09-29-2017, 12:28 PM
Bill Pilon
Burning Brakes

Received 223 Likes on 138 Posts

I have no problem with burn outs when racing to heat tires, other than that it is plain "STUPID" including after races, you don't see burnouts after real cars complete a race, ie F1, Indy cars and other open wheel cars designed for racing.

The "STUPID" disease seem to permeate the car culture these days and there is no known cure for it.

Bill
Old 09-29-2017, 12:38 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

You know what they say, YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID.
Old 09-29-2017, 12:47 PM
John BX NY
Drifting

Received 341 Likes on 231 Posts

I was at a cruise night once when visiting Warren, Michigan. If the tires chirped even a bit when you pulled out of the lot the cops pulled you over.

Get notified of new replies

To Car show crash

Old 09-29-2017, 12:54 PM
Brian VH McHale
Melting Slicks

Received 289 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck Gongloff
We had an A-Hole come to our weekly Saturday night Cruise-Ins at Wendy's in Crystal River. There can be 130---150 cars there. The guy drove a 340 Duster.

He continually did burn outs... both in the parking lot, and out on Rt. 19 when he left.

It's CLEARLY posted... NO BURNOUTS.... NO ALCOHOL...

Officers in the club talked to him. Not to stereotype people, but he was an obnoxious New Yorker.. Gave everyone a raft of crap, saying that the parking lot for the shopping center was private property, and he could do what he wanted....

One Saturday night, folks called the local Crystal River PD. They were waiting for him.

Did a burnout in the parking lot.... then lit the tires for 50 yards going down Rt. 19. The PD pulled him over in the Sonic Drive-In down the street.

Got him for reckless driving, disturbing the peace, speeding.... and maybe a few more citations. Other cruise attendees in the Wendy's lot were applauding.

He came back about 9 months later... and got into an argument with a club member... stating the the guy had parked in HIS parking place. NOBODY has assigned parking spaces. He pulled back his shirt, and brandished a handgun. It was all captured on cell phone video. Not sure when the court date is... but they went to his house and confiscated his firearms.

Some people won't learn... Hope he goes away for good, as nobody needs an A Hole like this guy around.
I'm offended.
Old 09-29-2017, 01:08 PM
Bowlerdude
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

I don't understand why victims don't just kill people like that on the spot.

It'll make them feel so much better after.
Old 09-29-2017, 01:16 PM
GTOguy
Race Director

Received 3,443 Likes on 2,113 Posts

Originally Posted by Bowlerdude
I don't understand why victims don't just kill people like that on the spot.

It'll make them feel so much better after.
The Great Idea of the Week!!

Quick Reply: Car show crash