C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Vapor lock????

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 06:47 PM
rick66
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well back from vacation and the first thing we did was change the fuel pump. Much to my chagrin, the actuator pin was gone (Frankie suggested to check it in the first response). I checked it earlier, but apparently my eyesight is terrible. My bad ..... and Frankie is the real deal.

Thanks guys.
Old 06-17-2016, 06:59 PM
DansYellow66
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,629 Likes on 1,960 Posts

Originally Posted by rick66
Regarding the below the fuel tank in-line filter: it has been in place for about 12k miles without an issue.
I've had a filter and Holley electric fuel pump (which I never run) below my tank for 20 years without a problem. I would try the condenser replacement - they are weird little electrical things that give no outward sign of being good or bad - but when bad do cause all sorts of problems. And it's a cheap fix if it works.
Old 06-17-2016, 07:20 PM
rick66
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DansYellow66
I've had a filter and Holley electric fuel pump (which I never run) below my tank for 20 years without a problem. I would try the condenser replacement - they are weird little electrical things that give no outward sign of being good or bad - but when bad do cause all sorts of problems. And it's a cheap fix if it works.
I did replace the condenser, but the problem turned out to be the fuel pump.

Quick Reply: Vapor lock????