C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Tall driver - Coupe or convertible?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 10:30 PM
wolfman64
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 181 Posts
2020 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by Jackfit
Cruise Control is a must for us tall people. The gas pedal angle will kill you in long rides.

65,000 miles in the last 5 years was only possible with it

Jack

Ps. My son is 6'6" or more . I will eventually move the foot well forward 5"...no battery or AC in the way on drivers side. Once that is done, we will work on pedals. The extra room will allow the legs to lay flat on seat instead of splayed out.
We moved the floor board forward 4" behind the brake and clutch pedals....And added an Ididit tilt steering column.
Attached Images    

Last edited by wolfman64; 04-24-2016 at 10:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
carl3989 (07-08-2023)
Old 07-07-2023, 06:08 AM
adamp.burgess
5th Gear

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Someone help me

You must be talking about an automatic transmission... because how can you drive a 3/4 speed with 1 leg??? I'm 6'4 and can't drive my C1 (4 speed) because I can't get my foot to reach the clutch

Originally Posted by ghostrider20
I have a coupe, and I am 6-3". I'm long legged and fit fine. The only issue I have is on long drives. The steering wheel is between my knees and my legs are confined to the outside of the steering wheel, no way for me to stretch my legs in any regards. I actually got a blister on the back of my heal of my gas pedal foot driving to Arizona.

On the way home on the interstate I had an epiphany. I put my right leg in the passenger foot well, and used my left for the throttle.
Old 07-07-2023, 03:39 PM
Rick B
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bradc6
At 6'2" and 210 lbs with a 36" inseam, I fit better in my 66 coupe than I do in my 70 coupe. I think the old seats are worn out which makes me sit lower.

Headed to a car show 250 miles from here next weekend. Lots of fun getting out on the highway with the 66.
I'm 6' 2", 240lbs , 63 years old and fit in my 67 vert and 70 coupe about the same, both comfortable and no problems driving.
Getting in and out is another story, the tilt wheel on the 70 makes life much easier, thinking about going with a smaller steering wheel on the 67.
Old 07-08-2023, 03:02 AM
dunney
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackfit
I use this 15 " for regular driving. You can also move the column torward you almost 2" for extra leg room for shifting.
Is that a fishing pole sticking out the back of the car? I LOVE you!

I say convertible. I'm 6'0 300lbs and it's just more overall room. But try them both out, and see what you think is right for you. You can definitely maker adjustments with seats, steering wheel size, and maybe a telescopic sterring columns?

Quick Reply: Tall driver - Coupe or convertible?