C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

1960 powerglide

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 10:39 AM
pikespeakfuelie
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 1960 powerglide

If you are still looking for a 1960 powerglide correct for a corvette, let me know. I know of a rebuilt one with dates correct for a 1960 April Corvette. It was rebuilt by a Corvette professional with very good NCRS reputation. Restoration was abandoned and pieces from the car may be available.
Greg
1-308-440-2643
gm55nomad@yahoo.com
Old 12-31-2015, 12:40 AM
Katch
Instructor

Hi Greg, right now I am hoping my tranny mechanic will beable to successfully rebuild the tranny I gave him. I should know shortly the out come of this rebuild. Also having a hard time finding a picture of the linkage setup. Any pictures you could send would be appreciated. Would you have the correct linkage forsale? It seems all vette suppliers have all the standard tranny linkage and powerglide linkage for all years but 1960.
Thank you
Katch
Old 01-01-2016, 11:36 AM
pikespeakfuelie
Advanced

The transmission I spoke of is not mine, just one I know of in a collection of parts. I am pretty sure that the correct linkage is there also, I can check it out if you are in need. I will be there soon looking at several other parts that are available.
Greg
Old 01-01-2016, 12:11 PM
Katch
Instructor

Originally Posted by pikespeakfuelie
The transmission I spoke of is not mine, just one I know of in a collection of parts. I am pretty sure that the correct linkage is there also, I can check it out if you are in need. I will be there soon looking at several other parts that are available.
Greg
Hi Greg, that would be great. I am looking for the kick down linkage. I have not been able to find any documented pictures of this part. I appreciate you having a look for me.
Happy New Year
Katch
Old 01-01-2016, 12:17 PM
Katch
Instructor

Originally Posted by pikespeakfuelie
Greg
Hi Greg, if you could ask how much he would like for the complete tranny, that would be appreciated also.
Katch

Quick Reply: 1960 powerglide