C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

1963 Split Window Custom Build Project

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 11:18 AM
NAVY08
Race Director

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

I realize I am digging this one up from the back pages... but any chance there are any updates on this project?

Sure is a bunch of beautiful parts all going together.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:04 PM
C1-Curt
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by NAVY08
I realize I am digging this one up from the back pages... but any chance there are any updates on this project?

Sure is a bunch of beautiful parts all going together.
Here is an update, my friend Matt was taking a long time to finish the project so I talked him into selling it to me and now I am taking a long time to finish it

We moved it over to my place a few months back and I am getting ready to start on it again real soon,

I have been tied up finishing a 1950 Chevy 5 window truck restomod that I plan so sell to free up some funds. Also my wife opened up a Collector Car Insurance Company and I have been busy helping her get that off the ground. Time and money should be on my side soon and I will start updating it again.

I started a thread here: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...i-chassis.html
Old 10-09-2023, 02:49 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,104 Likes on 855 Posts

Originally Posted by TNVettGuy
We always wear respirators when sanding or cutting fiberglass for that exact reason. We were just glassing in some vents behind the doors.
Related story to tell and inform...
My 2nd wife Angie and I had been going to Corvettes@Carlisle for some years. So on one stay, as small time vendors, we made the rounds ourselves to enjoy the event. I had a 75 Cv at the time that needed new paint. One vendor on site was showing paint removal products. I watched and bought. Got home and my intention was to remove all paint on the 75. Not immediately but whenever. So I come home one day and dear Angie had the car all done. She wanted to surprise me, and did. This was pre 1994. On thanksgiving day 1997 she discovered a small lump on her breast on self-exam. We sought out an apptmt right away and was confirmed BC, early stage. Well, decisions had to be made and she wanted to stay local & Panama City FL. But there is no immediate appmt avail and it was scheduled out. Long story short, time of the essence was consumed bc of getting an apptmt for follow-up for the confirmation. Weeks later if not a month or so later she finally got to see the Dr in PC. Sounded like this could be zapped and taken care of by new targeted procedures + chemo. She got the full treatment on many visits. Time went by things looked good. Follow-ups indicated not gone. More Chemo plus Lymp nodes removed during hospital stay. Time went by and things looked good for a while. Follow up... not so good. A more local diagnosis was done in Ft Walt Bch and it indicated cancer spread throughout the body. All except the brain. Cancer everywhere. Jan 2001 she died.

If you suspect cancer and it's diagnosed to be cancer, my advice is to go to the major hospitals that have the reputation for dealing with cancers. And even then, you may get the run-a-round with delays, which I heard of just a few days ago. The Houston facility comes to mind.

And leave paint removal to the professionals unless you're willing to risk it all.

She was a wonderful woman.
Old 10-10-2023, 09:15 AM
rtruman
Safety Car

Received 442 Likes on 320 Posts

You tried you did your best My wife just whet thru the same Prayers for your wife
The following users liked this post:
cor28vettes (10-10-2023)

Quick Reply: 1963 Split Window Custom Build Project