C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Front windshield trim clips

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 05:18 PM
irwiny
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Front windshield trim clips

I've noticed that one or some of my front windshield chrome trims have failed under the wiper blades area causing the chrome trim to become loose and not attached to windshield.

Can someone tell me how the windshield trim clips are attached to car and if they can be repaired with/without removing the windshield?

The rubber seal between the trim and windshield doesn't look too good also.

I have found the replacement parts for the clips & seal but look for some advise if this a major repair or simple?

Car never see's water some I'm not worried about leaking.

Thanks..

Irwin
Old 06-11-2015, 05:40 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,990 Likes on 4,809 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

the clips are screwed in place. you have to have the windshield removed to replace the clips
Old 06-11-2015, 06:50 PM
kidvette
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you do a forum search on windshield replacement there are a couple well documented windshield and trim replacement post. They have all the information with pictures on what the clips look like and how they are mounted. I replaced my windshield but I would hate to have to take it out just to replace a couple clips. Maybe just remove some trim and tweak the clips and add some sealant. Good Luck

Get notified of new replies

To Front windshield trim clips

Quick Reply: Front windshield trim clips