C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

McJack's Headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 04:30 PM
markiemyster
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 & '05

Default McJack's Headers

Just wanted to post about a good experience I had with a Corvette vendor.
I wanted to replace my ram horn exhaust manifolds with a set of headers. The big selling point for using McJack's with me was that they were a direct replacement for the Ram horns so I wouldn't have to modify the exhaust pipes. Unfortunately the heads on my new crate engine are Vortec heads and the spark plugs have a slightly different spacing than the heads on a standard set of heads.
I didn't realize this until I had them and was attempting to install them. I called McJack's and they were very understanding and after a few minutes describing my delemma he agreed to take them back.
The quality was far superior to any other brand I've come across since. The flanges were first quality along with the ceramic coating.
It was a good experience and I just wanted to say thanks to Jack.
I live on the East Coast and unfortunatly they are in California or I'd look into having them make some repairs on my 65 that I don't feel confident doing myself.

Mark
Old 04-30-2015, 10:38 PM
amamdani
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too will recommend them if you are in Orange County, California (I am in Los Angeles but don't mind driving there). They are currently doing paint and body on my 67 coupe. I am there often, and I am pleased with the attention to detail I see on my car and the other projects he works on. I was sent there by another forum member who also has his coupe there. It is a father/son operation. They are nice to deal with. Very reasonable prices for the quality you receive. When his customers arrive some hug him as a greeting!

Al Mamdani

Originally Posted by markiemyster
Just wanted to post about a good experience I had with a Corvette vendor.
I wanted to replace my ram horn exhaust manifolds with a set of headers. The big selling point for using McJack's with me was that they were a direct replacement for the Ram horns so I wouldn't have to modify the exhaust pipes. Unfortunately the heads on my new crate engine are Vortec heads and the spark plugs have a slightly different spacing than the heads on a standard set of heads.
I didn't realize this until I had them and was attempting to install them. I called McJack's and they were very understanding and after a few minutes describing my delemma he agreed to take them back.
The quality was far superior to any other brand I've come across since. The flanges were first quality along with the ceramic coating.
It was a good experience and I just wanted to say thanks to Jack.
I live on the East Coast and unfortunatly they are in California or I'd look into having them make some repairs on my 65 that I don't feel confident doing myself.

Mark
Old 05-01-2015, 02:58 AM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,187 Posts

Same here - a very positive experience. An added bonus was that when they arrived I found that the headers were copper coated on the inside!

Get notified of new replies

To McJack's Headers

Quick Reply: McJack's Headers