C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Broken outboard (driver side) seat belt anchor

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 09:28 AM
CP64365
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken outboard (driver side) seat belt anchor

Removed the seat in my 64 Coupe to re-chrome the seat side rails. While the seats were out, thought I would also restore my seats belts. The two inner bolts next to the trans tunnel came out OK. However, while attempting to remove the outboard drivers side seat belt anchor bolt, the entire bolt and anchor plate turned together. With repeated turn back and forth, I eventually was able to turn the bolt without turning the anchor plate. Unfortunately, I broke the retaining nut or weld loose from the reinforcement bracket and it came out attached to the bolt.

Any advise on how to repair this? How difficult would it be to remove the old reinforcement plate and replace it with the type from a 65' that has a threaded stud as part of the reinforcement plate? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:54 AM
Bluestripe67
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,132 Likes on 1,470 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

Paragon Corvette and Long Island Corvette Supply sells everything you may want for the repair or replacement. It's your choice about changing from '64 to '65 style. Dennis

Quick Reply: Broken outboard (driver side) seat belt anchor