C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Correct Carburetor Date code for 1966

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 02:28 PM
alaska66
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Correct Carburetor Date code for 1966

Presently my 66 convertible does not have the correct carburetor on it. I want to get the correct carburetor with the correct date to meet all judging aspects of the car. I have a matching number 327/350hp. The car has a built date of Nov 29 1965. Do the dates of the on the carb match exactly--The carburetors were made before the cars were--so just exactly how far out were the dates? What should the date be to satisfy all judges-- to meet NCM specs? I know the carburetor should be a Holley model 3367. Also what is a resonable price to pay for a correct --restored carburetor? Does anyone know of a good source where they sell / restore the carburetor?
Old 07-30-2014, 02:36 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,099 Posts

Originally Posted by alaska66
Presently my 66 convertible does not have the correct carburetor on it. I want to get the correct carburetor with the correct date to meet all judging aspects of the car. I have a matching number 327/350hp. The car has a built date of Nov 29 1965. Do the dates of the on the carb match exactly--The carburetors were made before the cars were--so just exactly how far out were the dates? What should the date be to satisfy all judges-- to meet NCM specs? I know the carburetor should be a Holley model 3367. Also what is a resonable price to pay for a correct --restored carburetor? Does anyone know of a good source where they sell / restore the carburetor?
You need a 3367 dated 2-8 weeks prior to your car's final assembly date (NCRS allows full judging credit up to 6 months, but 2-8 weeks is far more "typical").

There are many sources for correct carburetor restorations, but the one I prefer is Eric Jackson, www.vintagemusclecarparts.com. You'll have to talk to Eric about pricing, but it won't be cheap.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:13 PM
alaska66
Advanced

That info will help--thanks for that reply

Originally Posted by JohnZ
You need a 3367 dated 2-8 weeks prior to your car's final assembly date (NCRS allows full judging credit up to 6 months, but 2-8 weeks is far more "typical").

There are many sources for correct carburetor restorations, but the one I prefer is Eric Jackson, www.vintagemusclecarparts.com. You'll have to talk to Eric about pricing, but it won't be cheap.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:20 AM
teneck83
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

I have a restored date coded carb for your car. Dated 2nd week of sept 1965. Message me
Old 08-01-2014, 10:24 AM
zeus337
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

I got mine at Chicago Corvette. They have a bunch of different date coded carbs...
Old 08-01-2014, 10:31 AM
teneck83
Racer

I highly suggest you read the thread "Chicago Corvette Supply". They do not restore their own parts and will not stand behind their products. I purchased a "restored" starter and it did not work. I immediately returned it and still have not received my refund. It has been 3 weeks. My credit card company had to get involved and the BBB are investigating their business practice. Look up Crane Corvette and get a date coded carb from him.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:34 AM
teneck83
Racer

Originally Posted by teneck83
I highly suggest you read the thread "Chicago Corvette Supply". They do not restore their own parts and will not stand behind their products. I purchased a "restored" starter and it did not work. I immediately returned it and still have not received my refund. It has been 3 weeks. My credit card company had to get involved and the BBB are investigating their business practice. Look up Crane Corvette and get a date coded carb from him.
Also, before you open the box carefully inspect the integrity of the box itself. My starter (15 lb) was mailed in a single box with 3 sheets of crumpled newspaper. When the starter arrived the solenoid was poking out of the package.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:01 AM
66jack
Team Owner

Received 829 Likes on 573 Posts

I have a restored date coded carb for your car. Dated 2nd week of sept 1965. Message me
I might be interested if Alaska66 doesn't inquire...
Old 08-01-2014, 01:14 PM
alaska66
Advanced

Thanks for the reply---I am checking on another source right now. If someone else is interersted in your carb please go ahead with it--i don't want to hold you up--If i can't find one in a couple weeks i'll check back with you--thanks again.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:17 PM
alaska66
Advanced

I always though Chicago Corvette Supply was a good company to deal with. It is interesting they don't stand behind there parts.
Thanks for the info.

Get notified of new replies

To Correct Carburetor Date code for 1966

Quick Reply: Correct Carburetor Date code for 1966